The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's at least one sensible individual on the LTLF. Here's his assessment of the 'talented' squad, posted this morning.

"Our players:

Darlow - Had slightly too long a run, especially as he's a loanee
De Vries - Would have benefited from coming in sooner but he's in now. Good luck with that rotating defence, Doris
Mancienne - Broken. Unable to get on with the job of being a decent defender because he was also expected to be captain and he isn't one
Hobbs - Broken. Came back from injury with a huge weight of expectation. Probably still not match sharp and expected to run the show
Wilson - Not having one of his occasional brilliant periods, which is as good as he gets
Fox - **** at football
Laing - Somehow a brilliant mid-table League One defender isn't ready for a mid-table Championship team.
Halford - Perch
Lichaj - Decent squad player somehow ends up being our first choice left AND right back.
Lascelles - Decent cover on loan but wouldn't have wanted him playing this much as developing defenders need 2-3 in-form seasoned pros about them.
Cohen - Broken. Not coming back from it, ever. Not really.
Kane - Not Lichaj, so fair enough.
Harding - Driven, honest, mediocre. That said, I have no idea why he's not right back, after his Spurs display. I'll give Pearce critics that one.
Lansbury - Too angry to function. Our Premiership brat. Do we need to ignore him or build around him though?
Reid - Broken. Ancient. Still our best player but if that's true, what does it say about the rest?
Majewski - Everything that should make a midfielder dangerous, without the danger.
Gardner - Could be the solution to all our problems. In about three years. For Villa. Still, it's nice to meet him.
Antonio - Messi when facing one man, messy when facing any more than that
Paterson - Pouterson
Vaughan - Broken. Will always be broken. Conversely, is far from broke.
Burke - Bosmanned in, like he does everywhere, and will Bosman out when his contract finishes. Not the force he was.
Abdoun - Wishes he'd taken that other offer and so does everyone else.
McLaughlin - Another young player who is fine when inserted into a functioning team with momentum.
Osborn - The new Andy Reid. In that he'll become excellent for us over a couple of seasons then depart for the benches of the Premiership only to return, broken, in a decade.
Tesche - Exactly what we need in the middle alongside Reid, Cohen and Antonio. Which he isn't.
Blackstock - Broken
Fryatt - Broken. Old. Not the force he was.
Veldwijk - Needs like 10 games alongside Britt to form a partnership. Will never get it.
Assombalonga - Talented youngster who didn't put that price tag on himself. Could do with being dropped, but for whom?"

A gump mate of mine of FB when I was critical of Fawaz's managerial merry-go-round:

"He is getting better think that is why physco lasted this long Don t see the point in sacking him tho should have Seen the season out got 4 out of the 6 most important points of the season"

Sad state of affairs when your whole season is focused around playing us! 

A gump mate of mine of FB when I was critical of Fawaz's managerial merry-go-round:

"He is getting better think that is why physco lasted this long Don t see the point in sacking him tho should have Seen the season out got 4 out of the 6 most important points of the season"

Sad state of affairs when your whole season is focused around playing us! 

We all laughed at you when your only perk was playing us whilst we were chasing the playoffs. Only two players of any real ability in Hulse and Commons. The rest were garbage. 

That seems a long time ago now.

Pearce sacked and an hour or 2 later Freedman is appointed. Fawaz has been planning this for a while then. Bit harsh on Pearce to be meeting a new manager candidate before Stuart has even left

I know. I mean they could have at least waited until the following day or the day after to announce it.

We all laughed at you when your only perk was playing us whilst we were chasing the playoffs. Only two players of any real ability in Hulse and Commons. The rest were garbage.

Yeah you're right, but I don't think we thought of ourselves as top 6 material back then, so yeah those matches were the highlights. You lot started this season as promotion challengers though, you had more to play for other than "4 out of 6 points".

Exactly. It was tragic from us.

Although we weren't ran by a middle eastern gentleman that's had too much Haribo. And if we were I'd like to think we wouldn't love him for turning us into a traveling circus.

Pearce sacked and an hour or 2 later Freedman is appointed. Fawaz has been planning this for a while then. Bit harsh on Pearce to be meeting a new manager candidate before Stuart has even left

On twitter (I know! lol) he said he had to win his next 2 games. He won one.

But what's 2 games going to prove ?

Once that was said (on twitter!!!!) then he was always going to get sacked before the end of the season.

"We might have to think about a change".

From a Chairman on twitter.

If I was a Forest fan I'd have hung myself with my Sunderland scarf

Archived