The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

What is a handful of footballers?

I don't know about you but i'd struggle to hold one footballer in my hand?

Perhaps it may be a bit easier to grip with your extra fingers.

Start with Willie Carlin and work up

4 hours ago, JakartaRam said:

The doggies have been using the small squad and lot's of injuries excuses for years ...... even when they had 35 registered players and only two injured  Ha ha

And just so they can continue using that excuse, they sign up sick notes on 4 year contracts.

Didn't Nigel used to treat Forest with complete contempt when he was our Manager? Seemed like genuine hate rather that just being the rival manager. Would seem a little contradictory if he took the job. Would show a lack of integrity too. Is he that sort of guy? Comes across as the exact opposite to me. 

If he's going to stoop that low and betray his values, I bet he ends up bad mouthing Derby. 

Besides, probably not the time or place to be sniping, after you've just got a good hiding off your bitter rivals.

Nigel: "Sam Rush is a $*%&"

Interviewer: "Yes Nigel, but what about that 5-0 @r$e-raping you just got...?"

Nigel: "I've got more hair than he has"

Interviewer: "Erm, ok...but about that drubbing....?"

Nigel: "I nearly got Burton promoted once, what's he ever done?"

Interviewer: "Aaaaaand, back to the studio."

Can't see Nigel slating the club or the supporters. 

Maybe he will feel angry that all the money being spent for different managers now should have been him after he did the donkey work. Bet he still looks at our team and thinks "well I had Shackell, Keogh, Forsyth, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Martin, Russell when I was there. I even went for Thorne so I couldn't be that far off"

Not saying I agree or disagree. But if he's angry and has a point to prove then I can understand it. I'd like to think all fans at Derby could understand and accept it. I think his fight will be against the likes of Rush and for his pride than to hurt Derby people. 

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Nigel was bought up better than to purposely/deliberately be insulting. I can however see some mischievous journalists, knowing how candid Nigel is, catching some good quotes by fishing.

Cywka disagrees

I'm pretty sure I remember Nigel doing everything he could to be respecful of Frorest when he first took the Derby job, but Billy Davies and the club went out of their way to be nasty to him the first time he went their with Derby after that he was F-em. I would not blame him for being peed about his departure from Derby though.

Seriously well-placed source told a group of us fans @ iPro forum this week in the 'after-chat' that Nigel *was* being lined up for the Forest job.

I do not write on here to pass the hours and admire my post-count - and I don't bullsh!t.

How ironic if the Rams win @ City Ground and then Dougie gets the heave-ho, for Nigel to step in!

Time will tell. I started the season telling friends that Dougie would be gone by Christmas and I stand by that expectation, whether the Clough story is true or false.

Some on here would then hope that the 'Non-League Nigel' jibe were to come true! OK, count me among them just for Forest's possible demise, if not for poor Nige's well-being!

Don't shoot the messenger if some other dork takes up the Trees' challenge - just sharing what I've heard FTHM. 

Blind faith for a family that took him in which I fully get, had we all had the same experience we would feel the same. 

No different to people that have connections to the players like Vallyram. 

I don't think he's doing himself any favours hanging around on forums defending Clough. Must be pretty rough having to read comments on people you are closely attached to.

The majority of Burton, Derby, Sheff Utd and Forest fans won't allow the same emotions to get involved whilst looking back over his career.

For me, Nigel and the Forest job seems to be a similar move like Stuart Pearce, the ex club legend, bring some good feeling back to the club, give the fans someone to connect to. Judging by that thread I'm not sure it will go down that well.

He's more experienced than Pearce that's for sure and I would expect him to do better than Pearce, he's no stranger to a tight budget but Forest fans want promotion, they talk about wanting stability but already calling for Dougie's head.

If I was Fawaz, forget Nigel, get the club out of the embargo, bring in an experienced manager and go mental for one season, **** FFP and spend big. Worry about the consequences after, I don't see QPR having many problems with the FL.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Blind faith for a family that took him in which I fully get, had we all had the same experience we would feel the same. 

No different to people that have connections to the players like Vallyram. 

I don't think he's doing himself any favours hanging around on forums defending Clough. Must be pretty rough having to read comments on people you are closely attached to.

The majority of Burton, Derby, Sheff Utd and Forest fans won't allow the same emotions to get involved whilst looking back over his career.

For me, Nigel and the Forest job seems to be a similar move like Stuart Pearce, the ex club legend, bring some good feeling back to the club, give the fans someone to connect to. Judging by that thread I'm not sure it will go down that well.

He's more experienced than Pearce that's for sure and I would expect him to do better than Pearce, he's no stranger to a tight budget but Forest fans want promotion, they talk about wanting stability but already calling for Dougie's head.

If I was Fawaz, forget Nigel, get the club out of the embargo, bring in an experienced manager and go mental for one season, **** FFP and spend big. Worry about the consequences after, I don't see QPR having many problems with the FL.

Hasn't he already tried that about 5 times? Anyway, that's exactly what he'll do once the embargo is gone. 

Archived