The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Dougie Freedman as a person from what I've seen and heard in the press. 

I'm not sure whether he is a good manager or not but he's still learning and showing signs of promise. If Forest give him time - unlikely - then maybe he can make something happen. 

He needs to start by weeding out the players that are there and replacing them with cheaper, better, alternatives. 

Tyler Walker, Ben Osborn and Oliver Burke look decent prospects. Like Leeds, Forest do have something to build off but need to step back in order to take two step forwards IMO.

Like Leeds though, their ownership would be more likely to take them three steps back before even considering going a step forwards..

​Agree.

At the minute, both teams are miles away from being a team vying for promotion and both have gotten themselves in a big hole. We announced a financial loss of £15-16m less than Forest - not sure about Leeds - but the state of the club is completely different.

Assombolonga was a good signing and it's a shame that he'll miss next season for them but they've got to strip the club back and be able to move forward. It will take some incredible scouting and coaching but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

It's funny because I look at teams like Forest and Leeds, who are blooding the youngsters and reaping (to a point) the rewards, whereas we probably have a better youth system (judging by our U21 results) and not giving them a chance - although I do know circumstances are different.

It makes you wonder how many games the likes of Hanson, Rawson, Calero, Santos, Guy, Bunjaku...etc would have played if they were at Forest.

Just heard from a red dog mate of mine.....

"So we have given him a 2 year contract for 1 win in 7.....and yet we sacked Billy for having a record of 1 win in 8...."

Genius, keep watching folks, another complete car crash of a season coming right up.

​He's been awarded a two year contract for being better than Stuart Pearce.  That's like saying General Gadaffi was better than Sadam Hussain...

One of my mates told me he saw Dougie Freedman in the bank the other day because the card that Fawaz gave him wasn't working at the cash machine so he went in to investigate more. 

He walked up to the cashier and asked if it was possible to draw some funds out. The cashier said of course, but she would need to see some I.D first before she could release any funds to him over the counter. 

Embarrassed and unprepared, Dougie told the cashier that he was the manager of Nottingham Forest and that she could ask someone in the bank to validify his identity. The cashier responded by saying she knew who he was but couldn't do anything without a form of I.D. 

In a panic about getting the money in order to pay another installment to Peterborough before their Chairman could sign into Twitter, he asked if there was anything else he could do to prove his identity. 

She said: 'Well, two years ago, Andy Reid came in and had a similar problem.' 

'Yeah, what did he do to get around it,' Freedman responded hopefully. 'He ate 40 Ginsters in 60 seconds and by the point we knew it was him,' said the cashier. 

'Anything else,' Freedman enquired. 'Stan Collymore, too, had a similar problem,' the cashier said. 'What did he do in order to get around the rules,' Freedman asked quizzically. 'He went and gave a woman in the que two black eyes and a broken nose, again, by that point we knew it was him and was happy to help.' 

Stuck thinking about what skill he could demonstrate in order to get access to the funds, Freedman concedes: 'Sorry, I just don't know what to show you, I don't have a clue.' 

With a smile, the cashier then went to ask: 'Of course, you're Dougie Freedman, will your withdrawal require small or large notes, sir?'

​Any takers?

​Alright mate. I'll take us to squeak into play-offs. i reckon 5th, on goal difference.

we will face 'boro in the semis and scab and Mac will unveil his cunning 5-5-0 formation to shore up defence, leading to the worst spectacle of dire hoofball ever seen in the playoffs, but we sneak it 1-0 with a 119th minute undeserved winner at the Shiverside.

we'll face bournemouth at wembley and again fluke it 1-0 with a hughes shot deflecting in off Eddie Howe's smirking teeth. Justice for 2014. You heard it here first :lol:

Archived