Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

Even if the part about mistaking the first division for the top league and mistaking the bbg aren't true (which to be fair is totally believable) it's a great story.

My Childhood hero.

In fact, on that subject, isn't it amazing to think that stimac could be a child's hero as that child is now in his 30th year? it seems like yesterday, not 2/3 of a lifetime ago :( hopefully my kids will be saying the same thing about Albentosa in 20 years time!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Albentosa be moving into a Club house at first or will he running the Raul over local properties?

No surprise that Raul was 'signed' on Jan 1st, so was Darren Bent and it was made official on Jan 3rd, the first day of the transfer window. This is what we have come to expect from our superb management team..

Seems strange that Spanish reports said he was signed almost 8 days ago now. Long time to sort a contract out..

Contract was already agreed - it's only the payment method standing in the way. Although, that seems to have been cleared up now. I guess he'll be in England as we speak doing one thing or another.

Also Stimac was told Derby was near London,

To be fair - in Croatian terms it is. The 3 main cities in Croatia are Split, Dubrovnik and Zagreb

Split is in the middle - it's a good 350 miles to Zagreb and 250 miles to Dubrovnik

We just think of London as being a long way because our cities are so close together and densely populated.

Talk to Americans about London being a long drive from Derby and they look at you gone out!

Seems strange that Spanish reports said he was signed almost 8 days ago now. Long time to sort a contract out..

Nothing to do with sorting out a contract - the complications are due to release clauses, Spanish FA regulations etc, as has been widely publicised.

To be fair - in Croatian terms it is. The 3 main cities in Croatia are Split, Dubrovnik and Zagreb

Split is in the middle - it's a good 350 miles to Zagreb and 250 miles to Dubrovnik

We just think of London as being a long way because our cities are so close together and densely populated.

Talk to Americans about London being a long drive from Derby and they look at you gone out!

Agreed...

I live in London and have a season ticket... it's 1hr 45mins on the train... next to no time... If I want I can leave London at 12 30, go to the game and be back before 8...

I can vouch for this..... when I worked in Omaha NE and wanted to see some NFL they told me Kansas City was local..... it was over a 3 hour drive. Whenever I visist the States for work now and they ask where Derby is, I tell them "2 hours norrh of London" and they just assume we're just outside

Even if the part about mistaking the first division for the top league and mistaking the bbg aren't true (which to be fair is totally believable) it's a great story.

My Childhood hero.

In fact, on that subject, isn't it amazing to think that stimac could be a child's hero as that child is now in his 30th year? it seems like yesterday, not 2/3 of a lifetime ago :( hopefully my kids will be saying the same thing about Albentosa in 20 years time!

What a lovely name; if it were not for your post I would be almost certain you were on the wrong forum.

McFarland and Todd were my hero's and there skips another generation. Hopefully my kids will be thinking about Albentosa in 20 years time too, but more likely I will hear them whispering about Euthanasia and perhaps leading me along the Liverpool Pathway.

Archived