Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's mercenary players no doubt there. But I don't think making money and having affection for a particular club are mutually exclusive. Quite a few people on here have said they'd love to play for Derby but if a bigger team came calling they'd leave

Yeah, fair point.

Either way, I don't think we're buying him to sit on the bench. By all acounts, he's a great defender so will hopefully do a Thorne and wait for his chance and put in some quality performances making the spot his own.

Hopefully he's good enough to make the step up to the Prem also, would save a purchase in summer if we got promoted.

I'm not sure how I'd feel selling our best centre back for 300k - correction: one of the best centre backs in the division for 300k.

I would look at it another way... Would Bucko be signed by a premier league club?

Keogh had interest in him.

I think Keogh is better but only my sausage opinion...

I'm following Raul on Twitter eagerly anticipating him to tweet a lovely photo of a bird's eye view of the Basque coastline as his plane hurtles towards the United Kingdom. Imagine the caption to be something along the lines of: "No puedo esperar para ganar contra esos perros sucios bastardos rojos"

My Spanish isn't the best, but I hope that translates to: "I can't wait to beat those dirty red dog ********"

He's also captain and Mac really rates him, if anyone is getting dropped it'll be Buxton.

That's what I think too...

I think Bucko is great don't get me wrong... But I do feel this time next season, whatever league were in. I can see Bucko being on loan somewhere else... Unpopular opinion probably and not meant to be mean...

Yeah, fair point.

Either way, I don't think we're buying him to sit on the bench. By all acounts, he's a great defender so will hopefully do a Thorne and wait for his chance and put in some quality performances making the spot his own.

Hopefully he's good enough to make the step up to the Prem also, would save a purchase in summer if we got promoted.

Agreed. Its why I don't think we'd have realistically signed Eoin Doyle. At this stage, with the squad we have and the position we're in, there is no point in signing players who don't have Premier League potential

That's what I think too...

I think Bucko is great don't get me wrong... But I do feel this time next season, whatever league were in. I can see Bucko being on loan somewhere else... Unpopular opinion probably and not meant to be mean...

Bucko has been written off so many times - but every time he comes back a better player. I don't think the Premier League holds any fears for him. Etoo? Drogba? Still in his pocket.

Bucko has been written off so many times - but every time he comes back a better player. I don't think the Premier League holds any fears for him. Etoo? Drogba? Still in his pocket.

I don't want to write him off yet... But just thinking down the line... Probably sausage opinion but will see!

Archived