Are you addicted to DCFC Fans?

Day

I check here, bbc news & Twitter every morn before I get up and through the day for a few mins, time permitting. Then again when I go to bed. It's really the only bit of proper time I get.

Right. It's 20 past 7, time to get up.

Laters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never interested in these sort of sites, but then near beginning of last season around the time King Billy was banning media and arguing with photographers I looked up a forest forum just to see if the opinion was changing about him. I started reading ltlf quite a bit and was finding it really enjoyable. Then I decided to find our forum, saw this advertised. Had no intention of joining, just enjoyed being a voyeur but somebody was looking for a car share to Brighton play off so I joined so I could (unsuccessfully) negotiate that. I now read this site every spare second, I only post if I genuinely feel I have something to say which is rare but I love reading it all and have my favourite posters and feel like I know all the regulars as much as I know my real life friends.

I am a bit confused about the Derby sites. I've been on about three or four of them under various names but I am never quite sure about which one I am on or whose posts I am reading.

Perhaps I don't go on often enough because I don't see any poster as having a distinct personality. Sometimes you notice a poster because he has strong political views but you can't tell if he is an embittered old class warrior or just another silly student.

A football forum

Maybe I'm on here reading this too often as I totally disagree. I've found I pretty much always completely agree with what alpha signia has to say, I think I-ram is very funny, Daveo will say the opposite of general consensus I suspect to get discussion going, Boycie is cutting but then smiles so its not taken so bad. JW cracks me up even though I don't necessarily agree with him. You obviously get those that comment which adds nothing to anything but if they want their comments up so much then fair play to them, it'd be boring if everyone was like me and only commented once in a while (although my comment to likes ratio is pretty respectable). I've not said enough to be noticed but the regulars are why I keep coming back every opportunity.

DCFCfans has got me hook, line and sinker!

Though I thoroughly enjoy all the insight and debate amongst the various users, I tend not to comment too much myself; having learnt the hard way on other forums that spending hours arguing with users (that I'd probably get on just great with away from a keyboard) is not time well spent. 

I am a bit confused about the Derby sites. I've been on about three or four of them under various names but I am never quite sure about which one I am on or whose posts I am reading.

Perhaps I don't go on often enough because I don't see any poster as having a distinct personality. Sometimes you notice a poster because he has strong political views but you can't tell if he is an embittered old class warrior or just another silly student.

A football forum

Don't really post during the day that much (I finish school at 1 on Fridays, hence me posting now), might at lunch time if I've got a spare minute.

But it's the first thing I type into google when I whip out the laptop. I'll often just have a quick check of it, see how many likes I've got (just so many), check what AM's changed his avatar to today, check out what the busier threads are. Spend most of my Tuesday nights on here if we have a game.

It's just become second nature really.

• 2 months later...

Archived