Do you clap, or do you go absolutely bonkers?

robglosta

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the situation. I'm usually peering at the officials to make sure there's no offside flag or dubious pointing from the ref, before going mental a few seconds after everyone else. It's been that way since Atwell.

After checking the linesman hasn't got his flag up, it gets very silly,leaping about, hugging friends and strangers alike before roaring loudly "c'mon you fcking beautiful rams", or words to that effect, then i usually ask someone who scored....then aggressive clapping and/or arms outstretched toward the away fans.

Its a bit embarrassing when listening to the radio at work though.......

The new GoPro angle of the South Stand when goals go in is quite amusing... you see the array of what has been already described on here.

My particular favourite was the guy vs. Huddersfield who sprinted down the steps like a lunatic after each goal.

Still jump up and down,shake the fist [if its forest or important] swear a bit in encouragement ,clap then sit down .

This as opposed to when at the BBG go bonkers ,fall on the floor in the walkway behind behind and get trampled on by about half a dozen people. Wave the fist and shout obscenities at whoever we were playing.

Depends on the situation. I'm usually peering at the officials to make sure there's no offside flag or dubious pointing from the ref, before going mental a few seconds after everyone else. It's been that way since Atwell.

After checking the linesman hasn't got his flag up, it gets very silly,leaping about, hugging friends and strangers alike before roaring loudly "c'mon you fcking beautiful rams", or words to that effect, then i usually ask someone who scored....then aggressive clapping and/or arms outstretched toward the away fans.

Its a bit embarrassing when listening to the radio at work though.......

This. Every damn time since that complete prat.

I tend to Jump up and shout "YEEEESSSSSS - Get in!" Then a second later pick up my lad so he can see and just genrally shout and bounce around a lot.

Love this thread - I've always though about just stopping and seeing how other people celebrate - but you just get caught up in the moment and go baserk.

The other question would be:

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE OPPONENTS SCORE ?

Moan to your mate? Stare at the away fans? Go for a pint?

depends on many factors...

importance of game, stage of game, how we're playing etc

This was typified beautifully against Forest last year

When the first goal went in we all went mental and ended up about 2 rows and 20 seats away from where started off

When the fifth goal went in it was met with a limp cheer and no more

I stand up and clap like most of the supporters around me (when back in the UK)

In the privacy of my own home, I run around like a madman so much so that I actually broke my hand when we equalised against Forest a couple of months back as I hit it so hard on the table several times while screaming YES!
I still only have about 60% movement in that hand.

Archived