All 3 promoted teams in the bottom 3

climbon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I want to see QPR crash and burn, so I'm happy about that. And Burnley have half a chance of breaking our record, so they have to stay down there. And I don't particularly like leicester.

But having said that, you're not wrong, it's a bit crap int it.

I think, ideally I'd like to see leicester stay up so we can have a go at them next season. I like to the bigger clubs get a big shock to the system, so replace leicester with Villa or Sunderland. That'll probably do me.

What's the point of going up really??

There have been a lot of successful promoted teams in recent times. The key seems to be a stable squad, and not just throwing the kitchen sink at it and hoping.

Every once and a while there's a bad year for the promoted sides and suddenly it's "pointless", but on the whole there are a lot of good sides that have come up since the last time we went down.

It says it all that 10 sides in the Premier League right now have been in the Championship in the last 5 years, with one of them having been in League One. 3 of those 10 are currently in the top 6, including the one that was in League One.

strange one really, you look at the table and the teams that are there and I have to think there's every chance to stay up.  Then the bottom 3 are the promoted sides.  I watched Villa V Spurs on Sunday and it was awful, kids quality all kick and rush.  Players were trying to get sent off to end the misery (well not quite but you get my drift).  There are so many candidates for relegation I would be shocked if all the 3 get relegated

Anyone expect Pearson to do well? Limited manager. Would you want him at Derby? I wouldn't. Got some good players and there's potential to stay up. Going to have to be a bit more inventive from what I've seen. Had some bad luck though.

Burnley, we knew they'd struggle. Organised percentage side finding that hoofs down the channel for Ings to chase wasn't the foundations of a good team. They've basically got being organised to fall back on. But Benteke and Bony are better than Simon Cox and Gestede. That little bit of extra quality is that little bit too much.

QPR. Again a team of old mercenaries who showed all those years of high level football to scrap 1-0 wins and make hard work of every match are struggling with that little bit of extra quality.

It's how you go up.

For us at our best I think we'd stay up with a couple of additions. However for those times when Hughes has an off day and Bryson and Hendrick struggle to regain or sometimes even gain that footing then we'd get hurt.

Swansea and Southampton were composed and brave. Swansea were always going to stay up and went on to thrash Valencia and win the League Cup (then sacked Laudrup for Monk??! Wtf?)

A few of the teams down there are awful and their style of play is terrible.

Leicester will be OK I imagine but their style doesn't offer much hope for the long-term. Burnley were always going to go down. QPR have improved abit of late and at home they will put up a good fight.

The Premier League can be a breeze with the right foundations. Look at Southampton.

Archived