Tom Ince linked - Daily Mail

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has he turned up at the forest training field yet?

Has he turned up at the forest training field yet?

First things first ... The opticians most important of all.

I am a bit peeved that Forest got him (albeit for 2 months). We should chase him for a perm move while his stock is down. 

Do we need another bench-warmer?

it would be having a player that alot of folk think Jordon Ibe is, but more consistent, and not ****

Not a fan of Ince but agree about Ibe. People were saying he was going to 'tear the league apart on loan here'.  From what I've seen he's got no football brain and runs up his own arse whenever he gets the ball.

I'd disagree to an extent. Couple of times when he played for Blackpool against us he was excellent, and he's scored some cracking goals, but then he's failed at Palace and failed at Hull, hardly clubs brimming with world class talent. Maybe he just had a good season or two but hasn't progressed from there. 

Interesting to see how he gets on because this is a big move for him. If he fails at Forest then he really is in trouble.

Jordon Ibe, technically, is outstanding.

He needs to learn, though, but to an extent so does Dawkins. Russell and Ward are our most accomplished wingers, but Dawkins and Ibe are perhaps our most talented.

Dawkins may not be a teenager anymore but you can see in his play that he is still learning in games. Ibe will be the same, too. 

Ibe's performance against Reading in the cup is certainly one of, if not the, best individual performance so far this season. 

18-year-olds need time to learn; when they're on loan though, fans don't give them time to learn because they're not homegrown.

If Bennett had put in the performances Ibe has then we'd be raving, but we're not because he isn't ours. 

He flashes from brilliant to ridiculous. However, he puts the fear of god into defenders and if played enough will get double figures this season. I fancy him, if we persevere with him, to be our best player in the closing months of the season.  

No thank you. Very overrated just because he is english and is living off his dad's reputation. He also seems very arrogrant as he said that "i turned down inter milan." Yh right muppett more like they turned you down

Sorry to say, its true. Inter Milan offered Ince a contract in the summer. So did Hull City. Ince chose Hull. If ever proof were needed of how narrow minded young English players are & to what extent the riches of the Premier League have corrupted them, this is it.

Re him coming to Derby - no need for him at all, plenty of cover in our "wide striker" positions which is all Ince is. Lazy journalism as ever.

Sorry to say, its true. Inter Milan offered Ince a contract in the summer. So did Hull City. Ince chose Hull. If ever proof were needed of how narrow minded young English players are & to what extent the riches of the Premier League have corrupted them, this is it.

Re him coming to Derby - no need for him at all, plenty of cover in our "wide striker" positions which is all Ince is. Lazy journalism as ever.

I don't remember ince playing for palace but h did well at Blackpool and May do well at forest. Can't believe inter could have been interested tho.

Jordon Ibe, technically, is outstanding.

He needs to learn, though, but to an extent so does Dawkins. Russell and Ward are our most accomplished wingers, but Dawkins and Ibe are perhaps our most talented.

Dawkins may not be a teenager anymore but you can see in his play that he is still learning in games. Ibe will be the same, too. 

Ibe's performance against Reading in the cup is certainly one of, if not the, best individual performance so far this season. 

18-year-olds need time to learn; when they're on loan though, fans don't give them time to learn because they're not homegrown.

If Bennett had put in the performances Ibe has then we'd be raving, but we're not because he isn't ours. 

He flashes from brilliant to ridiculous. However, he puts the fear of god into defenders and if played enough will get double figures this season. I fancy him, if we persevere with him, to be our best player in the closing months of the season.  

hope youre right, i usually agree with your posts. i'm not sure about this though, Dawkins for example aswell as ward and russell can make poor decisions, like any of the players. but to make them so frequently and in a fashion that is either football brain dead or down right greedy, well, that worries me, p*sses me right off anorl. Bamford thought of us as a shop window i think, I get the impression Ibe does too (i know this is true to some extent),but I didnt get that feeling from either Wisdom or Thorne who are both infinitely more accomplished as players in their relative positions. In my mind Derby have ben so great to watch these last 12 months and abit prior to that too in honesty, because we have a good team, likeable, hard working, pulling in the same direction, team work team. i dunner see where he fits in, other than being really fast and that. on the contrary, to what you said about the yoof development, i imagine people would have an awful lot less patience with him if he wasnt from such status club like iverpool. really hope i'm wrong. cant see him playing for liverpool any time soon though. easy to forget he's 18 though. possibly abit spoilt by hughes' maturity and ball retention 

Ibe will learn when to release the ball over the coming weeks, and when he does, he'll guarantee us promotion. Everytime he gets the ball he draws 3 defenders towards him, if he makes an early pass and goes for the return he'll create space for the rest of our supremely talented team to smash 5 goals in most games.

Tom Ince is, at best, a slightly more intelligent player than Antonio. They won't be able to play together, it'll weaken the team. 

It seems obvious to most that Reid is the one player they miss. 

Panic signing from Pearce.

Archived