Nick Kuipers - Sky Sports say we are interested

Cam the Ram

No it didn't - let's get this completely straight and lay this rather childish and totally idiotic ghost of an accusation which you wheel out seemingly every week for once and for all.

If Zamora hadn't scored, there is no guarantee that we wouldn't have conceded at any time in the next 4 minutes, that we wouldn't have conceded in extra time, that we wouldn't have lost on penalties.

Causality.

Look it up.

I know what causality means. You're so patronising, it really is unbelievable.

Keogh failed to clear the ball, it dropped to Zamora's feet, he scored. Technically, Keogh got the assist for the goal.

It's just another indicator that Keogh makes too many mistakes. He's been in good form recently and I hope he can keep it up all season but earlier on, especially against Charlton, we saw these mistakes creep out again.

Bucko is one of the best centre halves in the league both defensively and on the ball. Added to this, i'm not sure he's been fully fit all season and he was still out-performing Keogh.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh is in good form at the moment and at the moment I dont feel worried when he is called uoon... But form dont last forever and the days where he made the odd clanger will return. As for people saying Buxton is behind Shotton and Whitbread also.. Not a chance. Buxton has distribution, wins nearly everything in the air, good with both feet, 50/50 he will always come out on top, attacks corners and puts his head where it hurts to try and score/defend from corners.

To me the centre half combination is the key. which pairing lets the least goals in? I suspect if clean sheets is the priority then Keogh/Buxton may not be the best option. However you cannot expect to be at your best if you are injured. Buxton will certainly return but key goals conceded in tight matches against rivals is what makes you a playoff contender not an automatic contender. McClaren is going to have to be ruthless. Teletext is suggesting Redknapp may be the  next managerial casualty with Tim Sherwood a possible replacement. Football is a cruel game when you are having a bad patch

I know what causality means. You're so patronising, it really is unbelievable.

Keogh failed to clear the ball, it dropped to Zamora's feet, he scored. Technically, Keogh got the assist for the goal.

It's just another indicator that Keogh makes too many mistakes. He's been in good form recently and I hope he can keep it up all season but earlier on, especially against Charlton, we saw these mistakes creep out again.

Bucko is one of the best centre halves in the league both defensively and on the ball. Added to this, i'm not sure he's been fully fit all season and he was still out-performing Keogh.

Buxton tried a Hollywood pass in the opponent's half which lost possession. Forsyth then missed his tackle. Buxton then missed his tackle. Keogh, at full stretch, failed to clear effectively. A well-struck shot from Zamora resulted in a goal. Four minutes later, the final whistle went.

Re me being patronising, it is quite clear from your statement that "Keogh's mistake cost us promotion" is untrue because one thing cannot possibly be, with 100% reliability, a consequence of the other. Consequently, I felt that a little self-education just might help you.

No matter how much you try to hide the fact, clearly you do not understand causality, probability or uncertainty for that matter, or you would have not made your original statement.

Watch out for butterflies.

Buxton tried a Hollywood pass in the opponent's half which lost possession. Forsyth then missed his tackle. Buxton then missed his tackle. Keogh, at full stretch, failed to clear effectively. A well-struck shot from Zamora resulted in a goal. Four minutes later, the final whistle went.

Re me being patronising, it is quite clear from your statement that "Keogh's mistake cost us promotion" is untrue because one thing cannot possibly be, with 100% reliability, a consequence of the other. Consequently, I felt that a little self-education just might help you.

No matter how much you try to hide the fact, clearly you do not understand causality, probability or uncertainty for that matter, or you would have not made your original statement.

Watch out for butterflies.

In such a pivotal match, Keogh made the biggest mistake. I openly acknowledge that other players were at fault however, any decent defender in his position smashes the ball into Row Z/ up the field. Any other mistake was nowhere near as costly as Keogh's. 

(By the way, you're coming across as a real ****, especially when debating an issue as subjective as football. Everyone has the right to an opinion so stop acting as if yours is somehow superior to mine)

And we've miraculously managed clean sheets without him.

Cardiff?

Buxton best centre half in the league? He's probably the 4th best in our squad.

Why? What makes Keogh, Whitbread and Shotton better than Buxton. Keogh offers more going forward and is better from set pieces. Whitbread is stronger in the air. Shotton I can't even think of any, height, aerial advantage maybe?

Buxton is our best passer of the ball out of our centre-backs. I would also argue he is the most composed in possession. He wins the majority of his balls in the air despite being shorter than others. He looks like a leader on the pitch and puts 100% into every match he plays in. 

So while our other centre-halves might be better in specific areas, I don't think any are as good all-round than Bucko is.

In such a pivotal match, Keogh made the biggest mistake. I openly acknowledge that other players were at fault however, any decent defender in his position smashes the ball into Row Z/ up the field. Any other mistake was nowhere near as costly as Keogh's. 

(By the way, you're coming across as a real ****, especially when debating an issue as subjective as football. Everyone has the right to an opinion so stop acting as if yours is somehow superior to mine)

Really? Or do they stop the ball and create a counter attack with it? I think you'll find that in our system it is the latter. He took a risk, it didn't pay off due to an unfortunate miscontrol. How can you not see what Keogh was trying to do with that? 

Cardiff?

Why? What makes Keogh, Whitbread and Shotton better than Buxton. Keogh offers more going forward and is better from set pieces. Whitbread is stronger in the air. Shotton I can't even think of any, height, aerial advantage maybe?

Buxton is our best passer of the ball out of our centre-backs. I would also argue he is the most composed in possession. He wins the majority of his balls in the air despite being shorter than others. He looks like a leader on the pitch and puts 100% into every match he plays in. 

So while our other centre-halves might be better in specific areas, I don't think any are as good all-round than Bucko is.

Keogh is a better all-rounder than Bucko...

It's all a matter of opinion and to be fair you are welcome to yours.

he hasn't put 100% in to any games he has played this season. We also said last season Bucko was playing at 100% last season. The problem is when your playing at 100% then it catches up with you and as he is limited then if he drops to 90% he is not as good as the others in the squad.

If Keogh plays at 90% he is as good as the rest of the defenders and when he is playing at 100% he is above the rest of the defenders and that is what he is doing now.

Don't flog a willing horse.....

Cardiff?

Whitbread is a better passer, Keogh can change the pace much better, not as quick as Shotton and no better in the air than any of them - only with less height.

Blood and thunder only covers up for so much ability.

Non-argument. 

Buxton is comfortably our best centre-back. He's the best footballer of the lot, he's the best in the air of the lot, he's the best reader of the game, too. 

In no area does Buxton come unstuck, well, other than his turn of pace. Luckily, however, he's good enough to read the game. 

Blood and thunder is Keogh; Buxton is calm and collected. 

This could last for a long time,this argument of Bucko vs. Keogh.I feel Keogh is better slightly,but had his con's just as Jake does.

However,Keogh is our captain for a reason and he leads our team well and imo his top play is better than Bucko.Witg that being said,I think we are lucky to have both as they both do good things.

Archived