Keogh:Our Captain,Our Leader.

AmericanRam

I know Keogh gets a lot of crap on here at times,but I personally think he has been fantastic since signing his new deal and even before I thought he was pretty good too.

He had several effective clearances Saturday,and did great in protecting his area as well.

I for one think we should be very happy he is a Ram and how he leads our team.Some may still think he lacks something and that is their business.

Thoughts on how Richard has performed lately?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seen a change on the game he signed the contract. Before he made that amazing tackle on the goal we scored he went mental to the crowd telling us basically get behind the team which we did.

I think he agreed to the deal before that game and seemed like we got the old Keogh back. It must effect players as it seems Forest fans are moaning Lansbury has been poor and he's meant to be there best player. A lot are moaning saying he's has his head turned since the prem clubs come calling (OFC he's already signed for Newcastle). So glad all of our assets so to speak are focusing on getting us back to the premership.

He has been stubbornly superb in the last month or so. His performances at Bolton and Blackburn especially were quite brilliant -  last-ditch challenges, great organising and marshalling of those around him, surging runs, fantastic range of passing - an inspiration to all those around him, much appreciated by the fans. 

Keogh is now playing as well as he can in my opinion. sealing the defence looks a bit harder with three good players vying for the other centre half spot. If one of the three was streets ahead then it would be simple to solve, Put him in and use the other two when injury or tiredness comes in. Looking at some Premier strikers we would be well short but staying up for a couple of seasons would be our aim before trying to push on. I am now convinced that we could have done a better job in the Premier League than QPR and Burnley are doing. I was not convinced of this before. However in the longer term view, I remain convinced that we will make a better fist of it next year than we would have done this year. The

Keogh is s real asset to the Rams .

I love the Keogh ,Keogh ,chant.

It sounds great from the south stand .

PS We also sometimes sing it in the West Upper. Lol

Particularly me as have I ever told you Keoghs my favourite Rams players along with Jeff Hendrick.

Mascarell is coming up on the rails with Calero though.

We have so many good players at the Rams now and I like Jake Buxton as well.

Will try to give Eustace more support also.

As Eddie says any player who pulls on the Rams shirt should be supported.

RAMS4LIFE

I know Keogh gets a lot of crap on here at times,but I personally think he has been fantastic since signing his new deal and even before I thought he was pretty good too.

He had several effective clearances Saturday,and did great in protecting his area as well.

I for one think we should be very happy he is a Ram and how he leads our team.Some may still think he lacks something and that is their business.

Thoughts on how Richard has performed lately?

I'm not the biggest fan of his but recently, since he signed his contract as you say, he's been great.  Defedning at his best and the mistakes have all but disappeared.

I'd even go as far to say that, if all our defenders were fit, I'd have him in our starting 11! :)

He has been stubbornly superb in the last month or so. His performances at Bolton and Blackburn especially were quite brilliant -  last-ditch challenges, great organising and marshalling of those around him, surging runs, fantastic range of passing - an inspiration to all those around him, much appreciated by the fans. 

The tackle at Cardiff springs to mind

Keogh last ditch defending is superb.... It's John Terryesk at times....

Wasn't so long ago people wanted him out and Bucko with Whitbread....

I will go as far and say that Bucko will struggle to get in the side for the rest of the season now....

Keogh has been outstanding for the past seven or so games, no question about it. He has improved in a lot of areas, passing for one, and has cut back on the mistakes.

Buxton will be straight back in the side when fit, I have no doubt. If Keogh can keep up this standard, along with Bucko's consistency, then we're going to be in a great position defensively. 

Keogh last ditch defending is superb.... It's John Terryesk at times....

Wasn't so long ago people wanted him out and Bucko with Whitbread....

I will go as far and say that Bucko will struggle to get in the side for the rest of the season now....

Bucko, with his god-like powers, will just raise his game to an even higher level.

Bucko, with his god-like powers, will just raise his game to an even higher level.

I don't know to be honest Eddie, think he might struggle to get in.... Mind you I'm wrong much more often than right :)

I think he'll probably get transferred.

Maybe a sideways move in terms of club as he's developed his game quite well.

Barcelona have done a dossier on him I'm led to believe.

Barcelona beat you up?

Oh sorry, my mistake. I thought you said that they'd done a dosser.

There is no way Whitbread is better than Bucko. None at all imo.

And while I've not been Keoghs biggest fan, he has been top notch lately. Long may it continue.

I said before he signed the deal that the new contract would light a fire under him, and I was right.

Just wanted to gloat in my "I told you so" moment. Always liked Keogh but there are people even now still giving him stick for the lengthy contract negotiations. All about what happens on the field imo...

Keogh is now playing as well as he can in my opinion. sealing the defence looks a bit harder with three good players vying for the other centre half spot. If one of the three was streets ahead then it would be simple to solve, Put him in and use the other two when injury or tiredness comes in. Looking at some Premier strikers we would be well short but staying up for a couple of seasons would be our aim before trying to push on. I am now convinced that we could have done a better job in the Premier League than QPR and Burnley are doing. I was not convinced of this before. However in the longer term view, I remain convinced that we will make a better fist of it next year than we would have done this year. The

Keogh has been outstanding for the past seven or so games, no question about it. He has improved in a lot of areas, passing for one, and has cut back on the mistakes.

Buxton will be straight back in the side when fit, I have no doubt. If Keogh can keep up this standard, along with Bucko's consistency, then we're going to be in a great position defensively. 

Keogh has done very well and it's great to see him play this way but can Bucko walk straight back in after a run of clean sheets? Not saying Shotton or Whitbread have been in blistering form but would it be fair to drop them straight away?

Also how is Bucko's injury? I saw some goon on DerbyMad trying to spread the rumour that Bucko was fit but Mac had an argument with him and he had been banished from the squad. 

Would be good to to have a return date for him as it will add to our strength and depth big time.

Archived