Martin

AmericanRam

Imo he was great today and I have him as my Motm.Some may dwell on the poorly taken pk,but looking at his pk conversion rate that is far from the norm.

I am sure some still may not like what he brings,but his finishes today were top-notch imo and his confidence looks to be back also.

His value to this team is vast and I for one am very happy he is a Ram.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what his market value is? He scores enough goals to be in the top five for the division, yet he is so much more than just a goal poacher. I couldn't believe that we'd let him go anything less than 8 figures.

The big worry is if he gets a major injury. He's so unique in his playing style, and fits our system so perfectly that I'd say we'd have no choice but to completely change the system if he were to be unavailable for an extended period.

I wonder what his market value is? He scores enough goals to be in the top five for the division, yet he is so much more than just a goal poacher. I couldn't believe that we'd let him go anything less than 8 figures.

The big worry is if he gets a major injury. He's so unique in his playing style, and fits our system so perfectly that I'd say we'd have no choice but to completely change the system if he were to be unavailable for an extended period.

Is that not why we got Best in?

10 figures

feel free to kick me for this.....

i dont think it was a bad penalty at all, simply a good save from the goal keeper, if they guess the right way, they will always have that chance of saving it, he needs to start aiming for the top left and right corners.....?

it was struck with power and he knew where he was going, not brilliant but thats the reason he's playing in the championship and not premiership.

10 figures

he's a howard/kuqi that has a bit of pace, more strength and can actually shoot when given the perfect oppitunity :), not as good at heading but oh well.

It was discussed at the flowerpot.

I think if Martin left or got a big injury then you would probably see derby revert to 2 up front.

Whilst some say Best is a donkey, I prefer to think that if he played in a 4-4-2 he would be pretty useful.

Like Salmon its not his game to be a hold up man with back to goal despite his size.

Last season, when Martin was out of form or missing from the team ie. Millwall, we lost.

This season, Martin has been out of form and yet, we've still been picking up points. This shows that we've adapted our play so we're not as reliant on Martin. This is a huge advantage because when Martin hits peak form, it is an added bonus to our already brilliant football. This combined with Thorne's return which will add an extra dimension to our midfield just confirms we have one of the best squads in the league when a player as pivotal as Martin last year, has become a (somewhat) luxury player.

feel free to kick me for this.....

i dont think it was a bad penalty at all, simply a good save from the goal keeper, if they guess the right way, they will always have that chance of saving it, he needs to start aiming for the top left and right corners.....?

it was struck with power and he knew where he was going, not brilliant but thats the reason he's playing in the championship and not premiership.

I've never really got the whole 'good penalty/bad penalty' thing. If it goes in, it's a good penalty, if it doesn't it's not. All penalties are saveable if the keeper guesses correctly.

Archived