Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

PrivateDerby

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as Bris said, if we want to get to where we want to be we have to to get the three points against teams like this who are clearly not up to our standards and also to have a stellar away record as well.  Bolton's current form in their last five is W,L,D,W,L.  They have a tough cup match against Chelsea tomorrow which even if they do not play some of their starters, it should still wear their squad down a bit.

When looking at the makeup of their squad, their main threat is far and beyond forward Joe Mason.  He has bagged four goals so far this season and overall clearly has been their best player.  Granted three of those goals came against Rotherham, he is still very much a viable threat that we have to mark accordingly.  Besides him, Bolton really has no real 'threat' that I can see.  Jermaine Beckford does not want to be there from some things I have read and his play has shown that.

They currently sit on just 5 points and are 21st in the table.  We have the clearly better team and as already stated not to get a win in this one tbh will be a letdown.

I see Ibe starting in this one, and if Hughes is not fit, I see Omar or Dawks starting in midfield(Dawks I think has the slight edge in that situation if it occurs). Onwards and upwards.

Line-up hard to judge, I like when that happens.

I expect: 

Grant

Christie - Keogh - Whitbread - Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes - Bryson

Ward                                            Ibe

Martin

I hope:

Grant

Christie - Keogh - Shotton - Forsyth

Omar

Hughes - Bryson

Martin

Purely due to the fact we're likely to have 60+ % possession and Bolton will happily sit back. Omar would be more influential in this game, in my opinion. The Shotton and Keogh partnership earned a first clean sheet since the Charlton at home game. Ibe, as said by others, has to start because he's in great form. 

A win here is a must, no excuses. I believe we will get it too.

My line up would be:-

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Shotton, Forsyth, Mascarell, Bryson, Hughes, Ibe, Ward, Martin

Subs:-

Roos, Whitbread, Eustace, Dawkins, Russell, Best, Calero

I think Mascarell needs to play now. If he gets a run of games I think he could be something very special indeed.

Ibe is a brilliant brilliant footballer. We have been crying out for someone like him for a long time so to put him on the bench would make no sense.

Also I think Whitbread and Shotton have both played 90 minutes to see who should replace Buxton at CB. For me this has to be Shotton. He looked very solid last night whereas Whitbread was at fault for both goals against Cardiff.

Line-up hard to judge, I like when that happens.

I expect: 

Grant

Christie - Keogh - Whitbread - Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes - Bryson

Martin

I hope:

Grant

Christie - Keogh - Shotton - Forsyth

Omar

Hughes - Bryson

Martin

Purely due to the fact we're likely to have 60+ % possession and Bolton will happily sit back. Omar would be more influential in this game, in my opinion. The Shotton and Keogh partnership earned a first clean sheet since the Charlton at home game. Ibe, as said by others, has to start because he's in great form. 

A win here is a must, no excuses. I believe we will get it too.

I agree mate.

Only real question for me is who partners Keogh. Whitbread, despite getting criticised for his performance against Cardiff for their goals, played well generally (I'd be questioning plenty of others as well for Cardiff's first who stood like statues as the ball was headed back, allowing their player and overhead kick).

Shotton looked very solid against Reading so either will do for me.

Rest of the team picks itself for me: Eastace returns, Ibe and Ward play wide. 

Archived