Man United in Turmoil

Chris Mills

Just watched the highlights of their defeat to Leciester.

The look good going forward. Di Maria's goal is pure class, I reckon it'll be one of the best come the end of the season. He seemed to run the show from midfield 1st half. Falcao also looked positive going forward. One good effort off the bar. Van Persie is arguably the best poacher/finisher in the world and Rooney on his day is a great striker. They also have Mata as an option for midfield or CF. 

The midfield has improved on last season also. Blind, Herrera and Di Maria all seem to be contributing good performances when on the ball.

Their defence though is woeful. Tyler Blackett couldn't get in Blackpool's team towards the end of last season yet he's 1st choice centre back... Rojo/Shaw/Rafael are all decent full backs but Evans, Blackett, Smalling and Jones are not good enough for any top half Premier League side.

All-in-all, I think Man Utd are 2 good CB's away from a top 4 finish.

Agreed, the problem definitely lies in their defence.  The system LVG is trying to play clearly isn't clicking with the their current defenders.  Maybe time to adapt to his training methods and style of play is the answer but it needs to get sorted sooner rather than later because another season finishing outside of the European qualification places would have some pretty major consequences for them when it comes to player recruitment and adhering to FFP, as well as convincing some of their current squad to stick around.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heard Van Gaal on the radio claiming that they had too many players 'looking for the goal' (i.e. too many attacking players) - well you picked em matey....

And ironically, for one of the goals (Vardy's I think) the closest player to him Rooney.

So many players liking for goals, their forwards are playing sweeper.

The one thing that I have seen no on mention is leadership ie. the captaincy. Rooney is not a leader and he plays up top. In midfield they have no voice, no commander. In defense they have no voice, no commander and their GK has no voice and is not a commander. It is not over. Teams are going to get at them because defensively they are the worst they have been in a long time. Expect more bad results. Expect ridiculous sums being spent in Jan. 

I was talking/laughing at a few Manchester United supporting friends and in formed them that all three of our centre-backs could currently be in their starting XI.

Tyler Blackett was part of the Blackpool team that capitulated last season, let's not forget. He was torn to shreds at the iPro as we won 5-1.

They can have Falcao, Rooney, Di Maria... whoever - the fact remains Jake Buxton would walk into their side.

Did any of your man utd fans ask how our defenders got on against the foxes last season :-(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29386250 : What an arrogant *****

Louis van Gaal: Man Utd players are struggling to understand ideas  

Louis van Gaal has admitted that his Manchester United squad are struggling to get to grips with his ideas.

The Dutchman has presided over the club's worst Premier League start,with United going into Saturday's meeting with West Ham having collected just five points from five matches.

"We give [the players] a lot of information," Van Gaal said.

"There shall be a moment in the season that this information is not too much. At this moment maybe it is too much."

Since taking charge on 16 July, Van Gaal has experimented with different formations and made several alterations at the club's training ground in an attempt to implement his "philosophy".

The former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach is adamant that the club will benefit but has conceded that he may have pushed his players too far, too soon.

"You have to work out that information," said the United manager, who acknowledged that fans are already "very tired" of hearing his pleas for patience.

"It's very difficult because we are starting with a new team and a new relationship between players so that's why it needs time."

Van Gaal revealed United have only one senior centre-back availablefor Saturday's game.

That means Marcos Rojo could be partnered by either Tom Thorpe, 21, or Paddy McNair, 19, neither of whom have appeared for the first team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29386250 : What an arrogant sausage

Louis van Gaal: Man Utd players are struggling to understand ideas

Louis van Gaal has admitted that his Manchester United squad are struggling to get to grips with his ideas.

The Dutchman has presided over the club's worst Premier League start,with United going into Saturday's meeting with West Ham having collected just five points from five matches.

"We give [the players] a lot of information," Van Gaal said.

"There shall be a moment in the season that this information is not too much. At this moment maybe it is too much."

Since taking charge on 16 July, Van Gaal has experimented with different formations and made several alterations at the club's training ground in an attempt to implement his "philosophy".

The former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach is adamant that the club will benefit but has conceded that he may have pushed his players too far, too soon.

"You have to work out that information," said the United manager, who acknowledged that fans are already "very tired" of hearing his pleas for patience.

"It's very difficult because we are starting with a new team and a new relationship between players so that's why it needs time."

Van Gaal revealed United have only one senior centre-back availablefor Saturday's game.

That means Marcos Rojo could be partnered by either Tom Thorpe, 21, or Paddy McNair, 19, neither of whom have appeared for the first team.

What an idiot.Man U is not playing well because their are too many conflicting personalities within the squad;everyone wants to be the go-to guy.Overrated? Yes.However I did not have them finishing above either City,Liverpool,or Chelsea.

His ideas? What are those exactly? I think he is still under the impression he can take his time with this job,but Man U fans are some of the most fickle in football.

All the money they spent and how they are struggling is hilarious to me.

Just watched the highlights of their defeat to Leciester.

The look good going forward. Di Maria's goal is pure class, I reckon it'll be one of the best come the end of the season. He seemed to run the show from midfield 1st half. Falcao also looked positive going forward. One good effort off the bar. Van Persie is arguably the best poacher/finisher in the world and Rooney on his day is a great striker. They also have Mata as an option for midfield or CF. 

The midfield has improved on last season also. Blind, Herrera and Di Maria all seem to be contributing good performances when on the ball.

Their defence though is woeful. Tyler Blackett couldn't get in Blackpool's team towards the end of last season yet he's 1st choice centre back... Rojo/Shaw/Rafael are all decent full backs but Evans, Blackett, Smalling and Jones are not good enough for any top half Premier League side.

All-in-all, I think Man Utd are 2 good CB's away from a top 4 finish.

Agree with a lot of what you say but come on, Rafael flatters to deceive, he hasn't been a good player since football manager 2008 haha

Don't understand the stick Rooney is getting, yeah it's a red card but he's not the first captain to be ever sent off, think back to when they had Roy Keane! 

Got to love Twitter, saying that the wages he's on he shouldn't get sent off and should be dropped  :lol:

Archived