Eustace why.

Curtains

Old useless was integral to our great run and performances last season. He just suits our style of play, its a perfect fit. Even if he does nowt, Hughes and Bryson can push on knowing he's there.....

woth his weight in gold to us atm.

Far too sensible. Take 100 lines " I must find something to moan about even when we win 2-0 away"

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We win inspite of Eustace, simply understated.

We didn't at the start of the season when Eustace wasn't playing...

Is it just coincidence that when McClaren put Eustace in the starting 11 we started winning games? No, he fits our system perfectly and gives the other 2 midfielders the confidence to push forward more.

He is an invaluable player to us until Thorne is fit again.

Would Eustace have stopped Zamora 90 had he played? That started off as a joke in my mind, now I think that he probably would have. We may have lost the game for another reason e.g. not having George Thorne being the best man on the pitch.

I find it very surprising that some people can't see Eustace's value to us. Yes, he's not the most creative or mobile player but he offers protection to the defence and is a calming influence for some of our younger players. As well as this, he offers valuable championship experience and is a very solid back-up to have - you won't find many players in this league who provide similar value for money; he's a good professional and not going to complain when he doesn't play. For away games against better teams (Norwich, Watford etc) he's particulay vital.

I find it very surprising that some people can't see Eustace's value to us. Yes, he's not the most creative or mobile player but he offers protection to the defence and is a calming influence for some of our younger players. As well as this, he offers valuable championship experience and is a very solid back-up to have - you won't find many players in this league who provide similar value for money; he's a good professional and not going to complain when he doesn't play. For away games against better teams (Norwich, Watford etc) he's particulay vital.

Was going to type no comment but I don't agree with a word of that...

Find it surprising, then explain why???

Calm influence? Really... You should be crapping yourself every time he is near the ball.

Value for money? He's cheap because he's crap.

Away games at Norwich etc.. Omg, they will kill him.

Was going to type no comment but I don't agree with a word of that...

Find it surprising, then explain why???

Calm influence? Really... You should be crapping yourself every time he is near the ball.

Value for money? He's cheap because he's crap.

Away games at Norwich etc.. Omg, they will kill him.

I'm just surprised at the amount people slate a player who is no worse than average. He doesn't offer much going forward but there are lots of players like that - Flamini, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick to name a few. In fact, I think he is very similar to Flamini in his role for us. Ideally, he wouldn't start, and yes, he lacks attacking quality but he makes up for it by being an experienced head who plays the defensive midfielder role relatively well. Can I ask who you'd play instead? I'm assuming Mascarell. I'd be inclined to agree with you... but Eustace is solid, and not a midfield equivalent of Conor Sammon, as you and curtains would have us believe lol.

And he is value for money when you consider all things. As well as being solid back-up, he's a good influence in the dressing room and not the sort who'll throw a fit if he's not getting game time. Try and find a better player who plays Defensive midfield, costs barely anything, boasts great experience in this league and is happy to play second fiddle.

I would have been surprised if he had said publically, Johns pants fellas but we are in the poo, Will buggered it up and now we have no option until George is back. In reality it is damage limitation until big George is back and we can push on. Fingers cross we can hold on until Feb. its a pants situation but we should just about be okay.

If McClaren was dissatisfied, I'm damned sure that he would have brought someone in on loan.

He hasn't, therefore he isn't.

Sorry, AR, but you're not always right about everything.

If McClaren was dissatisfied, I'm damned sure that he would have brought someone in on loan.

He hasn't, therefore he isn't.

Sorry, AR, but you're not always right about everything.

OK find me a post where I have been wrong..  :ph34r:  :no:

Seriously, this is my only grip with Steve. I think he put his eggs in the Hughes basket (as I would have done) and it did not work.

I'm just surprised at the amount people slate a player who is no worse than average. He doesn't offer much going forward but there are lots of players like that - Flamini, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick to name a few. In fact, I think he is very similar to Flamini in his role for us. Ideally, he wouldn't start, and yes, he lacks attacking quality but he makes up for it by being an experienced head who plays the defensive midfielder role relatively well. Can I ask who you'd play instead? I'm assuming Mascarell. I'd be inclined to agree with you... but Eustace is solid, and not a midfield equivalent of Conor Sammon, as you and curtains would have us believe lol.

And he is value for money when you consider all things. As well as being solid back-up, he's a good influence in the dressing room and not the sort who'll throw a fit if he's not getting game time. Try and find a better player who plays Defensive midfield, costs barely anything, boasts great experience in this league and is happy to play second fiddle.

I are really talking about Carrick, Flamini & Barry in the same post as Eustace? On another forum after the QPR game at their gaff, I started a thread Barton or Eustace. The Eustace lovers were incensed that you could even think of comparing a multi million pound player with our beloved John. They seemed to ignore the fact that they were both playing in the same game in the Championship. Barton showed us that day at Loftus Road, how to play the holding role. Now you seem to be having him in the same envelope as proven Premier League players, unless I have read that wrong.

Why are we so happy with average anyway? You mention Sammon in your post but is John not exactly the equivalent? I still don't get this value for money angle as well... He's cheap so it's okay we ignore his obvious flaws? Really?

Yes Omar would be my choice now. He's been with us long enough to get a grip of English football, From what I have seen of him (again despite some flaws), he still brings more to the team. If he ain't then we should send him back and it will be interesting to see if he does go back when Thorne is fit again. 

Eustace for an experienced pro is always getting caught wrong side, getting pulled out of position and making poor decisions. If that was any other player in the team they would be crucified by the fans and they are young lads who have not got Johns 'experience'.. He should be better then he is. 

Archived