Eustace why.

Curtains

I think I just like fancy-dans and it annoys me to see him clogging around the field when we could have an exotic spaniard getting caught out of position and spraying inaccurate hollywood passes, I think.

The sarcasm of the post wasn't lost on me ... very well done :-) 

Equally, I think most Derby fans enjoy defenders who rush out of position because they are too psyched up, panic on the ball, and show utter naivety...but as long as they wear their hearts on their sleeve, have beards, and get into 'em ... I don't mind. ;-)

I'm not advocating using Eustace over Mascarell all season. I think Omar may be eased in as the season progresses. However, I don't think there's any need to change things right away and find that almost all the criticism of Eustace doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I have absolutely no issue with a DM picking up bookings as long as they don't get sent off. I'd even go as far to suggest that a DM who never gets carded isn't doing his job correctly. Part of Eustace's experience is about knowing when to take a yellow to stop a potentially dangerous break by the opposition, or when to stick the boot in on an influential opponent.

Although my post count is low I have a number of winners medals from my Sheffield 5 a side league and was player of the season in my junior side in 1995-96, so I obviously know what I'm talking about.

For me, last night was the first time Mascarell has shown he can play at this level. From his previous appearances, I don't see how anyone can suggest he should be in the side. Regardless of where he comes from, he has looked weak, too casual, and simply not as effective in the holding midfielder role.

He had a fairly easy time in a "nice" game last night. Put him in a fight, and I just can't see it working. But at least now he is starting to look like competition. I would play Eustace away at Bolton. Your 11 best players don't always make your best team...

I think that's why the majority of the people who "don't get" Eustace feel that way.

At least you have the self-awareness to realise why you might be misjudging him, most are lacking that.

Men after my own heart. All completely spot on. By the way ... Anon ... looks like it's medals on the table time son.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

curtains, on 24 Sept 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:snapback

Mascarell was brilliant against Reading fact.

Eustace came on and his first touch or tackle was a foul.

Enough said.

Oh, jesus christ. What a stupid post.

At last Brevity :-)

Isn't it nice that we have two players for every position.... Instead of square pegs in round holes...

Plenty of quality....

I still couldn't believe some were considering Shotton at CDM in the lead up to the gump game.

Play players in there positions!

1 Some of these threads make me want to leave this forum altogether.

2 After the Charlton game, it was obvious to anyone who had a brain cell, that the side was CRYING out for Eustace, because Mascarell and Hughes are too ineffectual in the position, too lightweight, and too erratic with their decision making. 

3 One swallow does not make a summer.

1 Dont go. It's an Internet forum full of nutters, and I think you have a legitimate place.

2 Dont disagree, but with Mascarell he has had more game time, coaching, and general acclimatising since what was I think the 3rd or 4th game of the season, and I would hope that he might now be ready for some meatier games. A bit like Thorne we won't really know till we play him when he is "right". What we must hope is that Mac knows when that time is, and I think Bolton might not be it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did elect to play him against Bournemouth. Eustace is a sound professional to have about the squad, but I do hope Mascarell is given the chance to develop.

3 One swallow once made my summer. 1977 I think it was.

I wish people wouldn't make out I was wumming when I'm being serious.

I didn't listen or watch the game today but I've looked at the stats and Bolton were there for the taking today, Eustace is holding us back and come May I hope we don't regret not taking the chance to improve our goal difference by playing Omar. 

You think I'm taking the piss but days like today could be the difference between 2nd and 3rd. McClaren needs to wake up and start playing our best players.

I also heard that he put Martin off when he took the penalty, shouted something like "You're going to miss mardy Martin", obviously thought he was being funny but it's unprofessional and could have cost us automatic promotion today.

Archived