Eustace why.

Curtains

I can. Mascarell is better.

We need to stop looking at this position as the underlining factor for our poor performances.

It's our other midfield two which need looking at.

In the match thread you're suggesting and untried square pegs round holes tactics, Dawkins in midfield alongside Hughes with Omar behind. Crazy when a tried and tested Bryson, Hughes and Eustace took us to the top of the table.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the match thread you're suggesting and untried square pegs round holes tactics, Dawkins in midfield alongside Hughes with Omar behind. Crazy when a tried and tested Bryson, Hughes and Eustace took us to the top of the table.

Mac saying people have switched off after the goal.

It went their way could of gone ours

Macs doesn't understand RD questions

That's football a draw would have been good .

I don't think Mac happy with RD

Dawkins is not a square peg in a round hole in midfield.

He would be if he played in a midfield two, but in a midfield three he firs the role perfectly, just like Andres Iniesta and Di Maria do.

He has all the attributes to star there and his best play this season has been when he's in the middle.

Anyone who went to the game, how did the midfield 3 do in terms of carrying the ball?

Is it me or has there been a slight change on the pitch in terms of passing for passings sake in the middle of the park. Seems the ball is offloaded very quickly.

Haven't seen Hughes/Bryson/Hendrick pick it up and go at the defensive line (with the ball) for ages.

Seems the wingers have that job, and Ibe is so frustrating. Would like to see those runs from the Middle of the park a bit more.

Dawkins is not a square peg in a round hole in midfield.

He would be if he played in a midfield two, but in a midfield three he firs the role perfectly, just like Andres Iniesta and Di Maria do.

He has all the attributes to star there and his best play this season has been when he's in the middle.

He's not Iniesta, he's not Di Maria, he's not a centre mid, Dawkins there would be exactly that, a square peg in a round hole.

We was top of the league, 2 defeats in a row and it's let's try this, try that, mess up the entire system whilst comparing our players to world class superstars. It's absolutley crazy, it really is, you say you don't drink alcohol so I can only assume you've been on the funny fags

He's not Iniesta, he's not Di Maria, he's not a centre mid, Dawkins there would be exactly that, a square peg in a round hole.

We was top of the league, 2 defeats in a row and it's let's try this, try that, mess up the entire system whilst comparing our players to world class superstars. It's absolutley crazy, it really is, you say you don't drink alcohol so I can only assume you've been on the funny fags

Obviously he's not that those players, but he has similar attributes to those players. In fact, his likeness to Andres Iniesta in his style and attributes is unreal. The fact he offers little end product in terms of shots/goals actually enhances the comparison.

I've been saying for about a year now that Dawkins should be playing at CM.

It's not a case of try this, try that. It's about improving the team and playing Dawkins in a role where he is far better suited than Bryson for instance should be encouraged.

We're wasting a midfield spot by playing such similar players in the middle of the park. The best midfield trios have one holder, one passer and one runner. 

Right now we have one holder and two passers who offer next to nothing in terms of attacking threat.

You talk about wasting players and improving but we were top, top of the league! I'm not saying you can't tweak things to improve but playing players out of position is just nuts. Sends a shiver down my spine remembering last managers playing Hendrick and Bryson right midfield and Hughes wide left trying to fit them all in.

Dawkins is doing fine where he is, we was doing fine where we were......and if Dawkins played CM right now that would mean Ibe or Best starting, less said about Best the better and Ibe hasn't lived up to the hype.

You talk about wasting players and improving but we were top, top of the league! I'm not saying you can't tweak things to improve but playing players out of position is just nuts. Sends a shiver down my spine remembering last managers playing Hendrick and Bryson right midfield and Hughes wide left trying to fit them all in.

Dawkins is doing fine where he is, we was doing fine where we were......and if Dawkins played CM right now that would mean Ibe or Best starting, less said about Best the better and Ibe hasn't lived up to the hype.

We were top after 14 games, but then again Forest were also top at some point this season too. Doesn't mean that their team was perfect then.

We're underachieving IMO and there are areas which we can definitely improve on, midfield being the first place I'd start.

The key difference in your examples are players like Hendrick and Brsyon don't have the attributes needed for a wide player, so playing them there would make no sense.

Nobody will ever channge my mind when I say that Dawkins is absolutely suited for a central role the same way I said the same about Iniesta when he was forever played at left wing to compensate for Fabregas in the middle.

Dawkins might be doing 'fine' at LW but he has the potential to be the best player in the league or at least one of the most effective in a central role.

I've never been so sure about something football related. 

You can't replace a box to box midfielder with Dawkins, I'm sorry but you just can't do that. The only way to get Dawkins central is a change of formation, 4-2-3-1 perhaps but then when Thorne returns there's no place for him and we had a system that worked and has worked so well before.

You can't replace a box to box midfielder with Dawkins, I'm sorry but you just can't do that. The only way to get Dawkins central is a change of formation, 4-2-3-1 perhaps but then when Thorne returns there's no place for him and we had a system that worked and has worked so well before.

You can if the box to box midfielder is not doing anything.

We were top after 14 games, but then again Notts Forest were also top at some point this season too. Doesn't mean that their team was perfect then.

We're underachieving IMO and there are areas which we can definitely improve on, midfield being the first place I'd start.

The key difference in your examples are players like Hendrick and Brsyon don't have the attributes needed for a wide player, so playing them there would make no sense.

Nobody will ever channge my mind when I say that Dawkins is absolutely suited for a central role the same way I said the same about Iniesta when he was forever played at left wing to compensate for Fabregas in the middle.

Dawkins might be doing 'fine' at LW but he has the potential to be the best player in the league or at least one of the most effective in a central role.

I've never been so sure about something football related. 

Ah, spoken like a true American.

Archived