Keogh, the great blamer

Uptherams

Keogh should be goalside though... Defending 101

What d'you expect Keogh to do when it arrives at Gestede's feet though? His initial position is fine and I think he's right to show him towards the byline rather than right across goal.

Not one for blaming individuals personally but if you must blame someone for that goal I'd say it has to be Eustace for totally misjudging his header...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which would also have been terrible defending. He needed to be goalside to stop the striker recieving ball, turning, and then scoring at the near post..like he did.

on that basis you have to question Grants positioning then and blame him....

Whatever happened.... We won

It's a goal that they just got the rub of the green for. Keogh was possibly at fault, as was Eustace.

My point about Keogh is it's a recurring problem that his mistakes cost goals.

So do others.... They make mistakes too....

I think he's been absolutely fantastic... Especially last three games.... Everyone makes mistakes. I just think Keoghs get highlighted more often just because if the play off final

Having just looked at the goals it's clear he's having a pop at Eustace for getting completely under the ball.  If Eustace doesn't jump for it Keogh knows to stay touch tight and Eustace can turn to face Gustead (sp) as the ball drops.  Admitedly Keogh should've done better but Eustace does interfere...

It's a goal that they just got the rub of the green for. Keogh was possibly at fault, as was Eustace.

My point about Keogh is it's a recurring problem that his mistakes cost goals.

Defender's mistakes, same as goalie's are magnified because of where they play.  A majority of the blame for Sunday should lie with Eustace, and Forsyth for being caught upfield but Keogh appears to have caught the brunt of it because Antonio had 30yds of space to run into.  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

Defender's mistakes, same as goalie's are magnified because of where they play.  A majority of the blame for Sunday should lie with Eustace, and Forsyth for being caught upfield but Keogh appears to have caught the brunt of it because Antonio had 30yds of space to run into.  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

Very true

I'm not sure what is meant by "accepting fault". I presume that the management and team go over goals conceded and discuss them. I have no way of knowing if Keezy admits his errors in these meetings or not.

Pray, tell us who your mole is inside Moor Farm who has such information.

The last ditch defending and superb clearing headers Keogh does but others don't do - amazing how that is getting forgotten about here.

The header he made from a cross in the first half at Forest when it seemed easier for the Forest player to score was magnificent - I don't see Bucko and Whitbread there making those challenges in the box.

Keogh puts himself about poor and most of the time is in the right place at the right time - because of this he is going to make mistakes. No-one is perfect. If Keogh wasn't there - we would probably have lost to Forest and drawn with Blackburn. As it is, we are sitting pretty with 4 points from two exceptionally tough games.

British mentality is always to have a go - its never to encourage. We've got a squad fully capable of winning this league - now lets have a go at supporting them. (On that note - I still think Dawkins is crap LOL)

At fault for their second goal which invited unnecessary pressure towards the end of the match. What was his response...to shout at Eustace. I say time and again that he blames everyone else for his mistakes. Is anyone else going to take notice. 

You need to look at the whole picture - others were involved .

Moaning at other players is normal for CDs.

3 people at fault for that, Eustace for missing the header (but you could argue he's trying to prevent it going along the deck), Keogh for allowing him to turn and shoot, and Grant for being beaten so easily at his near stick.

I don't get the whole blame thing. Do you know exactly what's being said? He could just be b*llocking the rest of the team for what happens, as I would expect from a captain.

I don't actually think Keogh has a go at anyone in particular, just seems to hold his arms in the air and look around him, he seemed to be rocked back on his heels so he couldn't respond when the striker turned, really I suppose you have got to be ready in case someone does miss an attempted header or clearance nevertheless (as Eustace is quite small so isn't going to have the greatest aerial ability to be fair).

1. Keogh is a moaning git.

2. It doesn't matter that Keogh is a moaning git.

3. He maybe gets caught up in situations that sometimes leads to us conceding goals.

4. We have no way of knowing how many goals are prevented by his other attributes.

5. It is a game where all sorts of nonsense is said in the heat of the moment and nobody on the pitch will give two hoots about what is said.

6. We won and played well.

7. Woo hoo!! :-))

1. Keogh is a moaning git.

2. It doesn't matter that Keogh is a moaning git.

3. He maybe gets caught up in situations that sometimes leads to us conceding goals.

4. We have no way of knowing how many goals are prevented by his other attributes.

5. It is a game where all sorts of nonsense is said in the heat of the moment and nobody on the pitch will give two hoots about what is said.

6. We won and played well.

7. Woo hoo!! :-))

I might have left it at 6.

Archived