Keogh, the great blamer

Uptherams

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally he had a good game but it was a lapse allowing their player to turn and score from a throw in as he was clearly the man marking him so should have got a challenge in somewhere on that occasion.

Plus you could say the first shot for their goal was no danger at all until he slid in and it looped over the keeper but suppose you gotta try and block em but it would have been a virtual back pass as it stood.

He does seem to be the sort of player who calamity tends to strike but like I said overall he battled hard, just needs to cut out the odd blip here and there which holds him back every now and again.

But at championship level he is probably above the average as I've always said.

Yeah, our captain should stop commanding his back 5 and keep quiet. :rolleyes:

He's in charge, and he is obviously very passionate on the field. Even if he is occasionally at fault, he's not going to roll over and take all the blame - he's got to resemble a strong, resolute captain and fire up his players. Which I think he does very well.

Some players are always going to be like that.... Think it's just frustration!

Some accept it others don't.

Judging by what I read in the match day program's all the other players describe him as the biggest moaner.

Keogh in my opinion is still the best defender at the club. Albeit slightly ahead of Bucko

I must admit I've given him the title of Captain Cock Up lately. His mistakes stand out more, particulaly when we end up conceding. But I have to agree he does tend to have a pop at others for his own gaffs, seen it a few times.

But saying that, he does do his best, I don't doubt that for a minute. I wouldn't put him quite as good as Bucko though.

At fault for their second goal which invited unnecessary pressure towards the end of the match. What was his response...to shout at Eustace. I say time and again that he blames everyone else for his mistakes. Is anyone else going to take notice. 

Rubbish.

I don't accept that a goal against us has to be someone's fault. Goals happen. We score plenty at the other end. They are not all caused by mistakes from the opposition.

Keogh will make mistakes and so will all the other players. Defenders' mistakes [especially goalkeepers] are much easier to spot if they lead directly to a goal.

It's all part of football. If not, every game is 0-0 in theory.

I'm pleased to see Keogh cares enough to show emotion. I'm sure the other players know him well enough to put up with his antics and realise he is 100% committed.

Also rubbish.

No it's not. I've had a look, it's often Keogh's man left unmarked that scores.

Just look at the Charlton game, he gave away a stupid penalty and then his man was unmarked to score the 3rd. Blackburn's 2nd last night was the exact same, Keogh left his man unmarked and he scored.

He makes far too many mistakes

Mmmmmh. Not the biggest Keogh fan me, and I have no viewing of last nights events, but I think if as a club we bestow the important role of captain on someone, we might just want him to say his piece from time to time when goals are conceded or mistakes made. As for picking on the 34yo seasoned pro Eustace, how did he react. Perhaps more manfully than you setting up another "hate" post the morning after a good victory and performance.

P.s. Didn't see him try to deflect blame for his Wembley mistake either. I bet you think those tears were not real too?

Eustace went for the header and missed it?

Then Keogh was at fault as well but it was Eustace who made the first mistake so Keogh had a right to have a go at him a bit.

I think Keogh went for the header and missed it. Whitbread was marking Gestede and didn't react quick enough to the missed header, giving Gestede the chance to get it out of his feet and shoot. 

Archived