Keogh, the great blamer

Uptherams

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh played just fine ..I never had a clear view of their goal and build up .....we were a long way away after all

I was still fuming at way we lost it after the first two subs ...

Johnny tried to beat a man in our own half as we moved forwards at speed .....he got nowhere near to retrieving the ball after tapping it around them ...that caused a good few minutes of pressure ......

They were more confident ....we were going to be less of a threat without Ward and Dawkins keeping possession ...Ibe was used as an outlet ..a role he performed very well, and is now clearly our no3 winger

Omar came on ...and as in every game I have seen him play ...mis hit horribly his first pass ....a simple one ....placing it in between Fozzie and Grant ....instead of playing straight across the park to Fozzie ...that moved us backwards ....at a rate of knots ....

it is on small things Blackburn picked up momentum

Appreciate we hung on, and got the points, and even broke a couple of times to make it 4 - 2

It is certainly not Keogh's fault how we sat back ......

And Keogh and Whitbread were awesome ....both sprinting and slide tackling players into touch ..we were a much more mobile team. As much as we all love Jake, Whitbread will now 100% play on Saturday....

No it's not. I've had a look, it's often Keogh's man left unmarked that scores.

Just look at the Charlton game, he gave away a stupid penalty and then his man was unmarked to score the 3rd. Blackburn's 2nd last night was the exact same, Keogh left his man unmarked and he scored.

He makes far too many mistakes

I'm only surprised that you didn't blame him for the first goal as well. I presume that you were at the game last night?

At fault for their second goal which invited unnecessary pressure towards the end of the match. What was his response...to shout at Eustace. I say time and again that he blames everyone else for his mistakes. Is anyone else going to take notice. 

Correct on both counts I have mentioned this before and it is no secret I am not his biggest fan.However he never fails to give it everything he has got but does suffer from these lacks of concentration which he needs to cut out but at his age it is unlikely to get any better so  we best accept it.

His last couple of performances have improved on the one's gone before this season and if he can maintain last nights level then he will be ok but there will always be the odd lapse luckily we are not in the prem when it would get highlighted to a greater degree.

Now going on the above you can see I am never going to agree that he is the best defender in the club last night Whitbread showed what a good defender is and instead of this thread which is done to death on Keogh we should be praising his partners performance.

Keogh played just fine ..I never had a clear view of their goal and build up .....we were a long way away after all

I was still fuming at way we lost it after the first two subs ...

Johnny tried to beat a man in our own half as we moved forwards at speed .....he got nowhere near to retrieving the ball after tapping it around them ...that caused a good few minutes of pressure ......

They were more confident ....we were going to be less of a threat without Ward and Dawkins keeping possession ...Ibe was used as an outlet ..a role he performed very well, and is now clearly our no3 winger

Omar came on ...and as in every game I have seen him play ...mis hit horribly his first pass ....a simple one ....placing it in between Fozzie and Grant ....instead of playing straight across the park to Fozzie ...that moved us backwards ....at a rate of knots ....

it is on small things Blackburn picked up momentum

Appreciate we hung on, and got the points, and even broke a couple of times to make it 4 - 2

It is certainly not Keogh's fault how we sat back ......

And Keogh and Whitbread were awesome ....both sprinting and slide tackling players into touch ..we were a much more mobile team. As much as we all love Jake, Whitbread will now 100% play on Saturday....

And of course a reason we got 3 points and not one last night was down in part to the reactions of Mascarell.

Some people look at any sort of reversal and attribute it to an individual error. Any move that breaks down and leads to the opposition scoring leads to someone on here blaming their pet 'hate' figure of the month. Often it's Dawkins. Amazingly enough, some have turned their ire on Chris Martin (probably the same ones who doubted his ability when we first signed him). For Yorkshire Ram at the moment, it's Keogh. Keogh the villain whose desperate, full-stretch clearance at Wembley fell kindly to Bobby Zamora - ignoring the fact that two other players were beaten/made individual errors prior to that incident.

Last night, Blackburn's first goal was a bit of a fluke - but it stemmed from a Derby mistake. Jamie Ward lost possession in midfield which led directly to the move which ended with Marshall's speculative shot. Blackburn's second also started with Derby losing possession in midfield - Jordon Ibe tried to turn past a third player after beating two, lost the ball and Blackburn broke, eventually winning the throw-in which ultimately led to Gestede's toe-poke. In neither case were Ward or Ibe in any way to blame for the goal - but without their mistakes the goals may not have happened - at least not in the manner they did.

Sometimes it is a crass error - say a misplaced back-pass which is intercepted - but often it's just 'one of those things' when an opposition player got a toe in. Do you think that Blackburn fans are bemoaning the entire left side of their defence who were cut apart by a typically sublime Derby move - or perhaps secretly admiring Will's fantastic goal?

No it's not. I've had a look, it's often Keogh's man left unmarked that scores.

Just look at the Charlton game, he gave away a stupid penalty and then his man was unmarked to score the 3rd. Blackburn's 2nd last night was the exact same, Keogh left his man unmarked and he scored.

He makes far too many mistakes

Well good for you.

For your information, football is not about 11 one v one match-ups, and it's certainly not like Football Manager where the secret of success was to get your striker to man-mark the opposition goalkeeper. Football is a game that flows, and players move around to cover for each other - or to escape a marker.

Well good for you.

For your information, football is not about 11 one v one match-ups, and it's certainly not like Football Manager where the secret of success was to get your striker to man-mark the opposition goalkeeper. Football is a game that flows, and players move around to cover for each other - or to escape a marker.

And it's up to defenders to cover those runs. The Charlton goal, Keogh is nowhere to be seen; he literally abandons his man. It's not a striker evading his marker because Keogh was not marking him in the first place...

Archived