Where has Bryso gone ?!

CapeTownRams

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson is still making the runs he did all last year. next time we play keep an eye on him, He never stops running!

We probably aren't seeing enough of him because we're not playing to the standard we were last season. All we've done so far (other than Fulham) is pass the ball round the back four and hope the gaps would come. Bryson Is still trying to make those runs every game we just can find him.

I'd be horrified if our team would be in top condition straight after summer's fitness training. Just stay close to top and hit top gear when it's really needed.

The cause of your horror would seem to me to be at odds with the idea of what is required to win football matches, settle quickly and ease initial pressure. And when, exactly, would you like the team to find this top gear? Presumably when the gap to top is still assailable so shall we say February 21st against Sheffield Wednesday at home?

FFS - hit the ground running and let Jeremy Clarkson worry about Top Gear.

The cause of your horror would seem to me to be at odds with the idea of what is required to win football matches, settle quickly and ease initial pressure. And when, exactly, would you like the team to find this top gear? Presumably when the gap to top is still assailable so shall we say February 21st against Sheffield Wednesday at home?

FFS - hit the ground running and let Jeremy Clarkson worry about Top Gear.

Unfortunately it is impossible to keep physical condition at peak for whole season. 5 months, same may get even 6 months but that's it. Especially if you want to improve your physical abilities during summer, body just won't be able to be at it's best during couple next months.

I can't give you exact days 'cause I don't have a glue how we have trained. But if I was in charge, I'd target top condition to start after last international break mid-november and to last rest of the season. During breaks you could practise more tactics and rest a bit so top condition could be achieved easily.

Unfortunately it is impossible to keep physical condition at peak for whole season. 5 months, same may get even 6 months but that's it. Especially if you want to improve your physical abilities during summer, body just won't be able to be at it's best during couple next months.

I can't give you exact days 'cause I don't have a glue how we have trained. But if I was in charge, I'd target top condition to start after last international break mid-november and to last rest of the season. During breaks you could practise more tactics and rest a bit so top condition could be achieved easily.

One of the reasons it's become a squad game

He is just playing averagely, that was average players tend to do.

What a load of pish , I was down on sunday just re watched the game and if that is bryso poor he must be even better player than I thought , he's still working his socks off still making runs into the box , difference is the same quality of balls is not arriving at him and teams are setting up to stop the link up play between him n Chris Martin , some of you guys must have seen some world class players in your time at derby if bryso is getting stick after 6 games and as for the counting his money nonsense craig plays with the same attitude and commitment whether he's on

Bryson is still making the runs he did all last year. next time we play keep an eye on him, He never stops running!

We probably aren't seeing enough of him because we're not playing to the standard we were last season. All we've done so far (other than Fulham) is pass the ball round the back four and hope the gaps would come. Bryson Is still trying to make those runs every game we just can find him.

M8 thankfully someone else on here knows a wee bit about the game , it won't catch on , if he doesn't score the masses say he's bang average , it's laughable

The exact same could be said about Martin... On Saturday, he didn't see much of the ball and therefore wasn't at his best.

The Bryson-Martin combination was very effective last year. Martin held the ball up which allowed Bryson and/or Hendrick to overlap and this created lots of chances. However, this only works when the whole team plays well and keeps the ball, due to Martin only being able to feed Bryson when he's getting the supply.

We've not, as a team, hit our peak form yet. When we do, I fully expect to see standout performances from the likes of Bryson and Martin again.

The exact same could be said about Martin... On Saturday, he didn't see much of the ball and therefore wasn't at his best.

The Bryson-Martin combination was very effective last year. Martin held the ball up which allowed Bryson and/or Hendrick to overlap and this created lots of chances. However, this only works when the whole team plays well and keeps the ball, due to Martin only being able to feed Bryson when he's getting the supply.

We've not, as a team, hit our peak form yet. When we do, I fully expect to see standout performances from the likes of Bryson and Martin again.

Too much sense m8 , it won't catch on

It's not enough for him to just be "making runs" I'm afraid - he's a midfield player and when you play that position you need to be doing more than just that. At the moment he's not contributing enough to the game overall; in almost every game so far he's been near enough anonymous, his passing has been sloppy and, frankly, he doesn't look that bothered.

Too much sense mate , it won't catch on

I actually thought Bryson had a good game on Sunday but he was never going to be a threat to their goal because (barre Millwall away last season) his goals tend to come when he finishes off nice team moves ie. Yeovil away last season.

Bryson becomes our star player when we move the ball around quickly. He is a part of every attack we put together that way and often has a tidy finish to end the move.

Like I said, he'll start scoring again when the team as a whole hit top gear.

No 1 seems to be hitting the same heights. I think it could be due to contracts being handed out everyone so they know the bacon's coming in.

I personally think it will come in time when we figure out how to break teams out and play a different game.. But when a team does try play football against us hopefully we remember how to do it!

Archived