Where has Bryso gone ?!

CapeTownRams

I am seriously getting worried now, as Bryson is getting no better and is just not the player he was last season. Does anyone know if he's carrying an injury ?

So much of what we achieved last season came off the back of his runs into the box but he just looks a yard off the pace now, both in terms of speed and overall fitness.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not going to score a hat-trick every 5 games, gain some realistic expectations. The entire squad hasn't hit 5th gear yet, just as Peter Beagrie was saying yesterday pre-game, we haven't got our rhythm quite flowing yet and we won't see performances like last season when we're not in great form.

It's often remarked that Bryson plays well when the entire team plays well, he's not the sort of player to put in a great performance when we're playing poorly (like Hughes did on Sunday). But when we've clicked, he's absolutely outstanding.

It's probably likely that Bryson just massively over performed last season and is now back to his usual self.

Before last season he was just an average/decent Championship midfielder.

I expect he will never replicate last season, it was an anomaly.

Really? We were playing a 4-4-2/4-5-1 previous seasons, with him moved around and even playing LM at times, but as soon as we changed systems last season (even under Clough in a midfield diamond) he really played well. No reason why he shouldn't pick some of that form up again this season. But, I do agree to an extent in that I doubt he'll score a hat-trick again this season; let alone two. Probably have a target of 10 goals.

Different players round him, slight change of style as well. Now that game is out the way we need to calm down and concentrate on our passing game. Keep the ball, make the opposition work, pull them out of position allowing space for Bryson to make his runs.

We are a bit too direct this season imo.

Bryson will come good he may not get to last seasons highs but he will improve. We have to remember that Bryson feeds off Martin and Martin has not really been getting the quality service as of yet. 

The team need to pick up and as mentioned above, when the team improves so will he. 

Sometimes players have a drop in form, in fact we all do, its up to Mac etc to pick him up dust him off and get him back to form, but a good sit on the bench is sometimes all it needs.... Just difficult to do that atm with Hendrick out.

Archived