Looks about right to me. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

............................grant

Christie......keogh......buxton.......forsyth

.....................up for grabs

..........hughes........up for grabs

Up for grabs.....martin.....up for grabs.

Leon best and mascarel just seem to have confused things.

Dawkins offers little or no threat unfortunately.

Wardy - hamstrings

Russell not quite

Bryson hopefully will get his form back

Defence was the weak link last season.

This year its the attacking midfielders.

I think McC should start again from scratch , what's the point of a team that has not gotten out of third gear yet , and at the moment is only heading for 69 points .

How dare they lose one game out of eight it is unacceptable.

I may be going blind , but there was only one passing team on the field yesterday , we had , especially second half, a few spells were we passed the ball and ran off it like we did last season , to me its not far off.

COYR

Grant

Christie      Keogh       Buxton       Forsyth

Eustace

Bryson         Hughes

Ibe                       Martin                       Ward

As above, for now though Dawkins for Ibe.

Due to Ward's absence I can see both Ibe and Dawkins playing on Wednesday.

Dawkins showed tremendous commitment yesterday and fitness and strength. To not be over run with a midfield of Hughes and Dawkins was incredible, especially as Hughes was certainly not playing a DM role for the last 20minutes, and testimony to total effort put in by team.

I just feel if we are to progress and get up to speed this season, Ibe needs a chance ahead of Russell who for all his endeavours cannot start attacks with pace, and often loses the ball in dangerous situations across the middle of the pitch.

Ibe has not produced as yet ....for sure, but well worth a go with Ward injured.

I fully expect front line to be Dawkins, Russell and Martin this week.  Russell did cover back a lot yesterday

Bryson wouldnt be out of Chelseas team if it was up to you.

Why drop Christie? I know Shotton done OK in the second half, but first half he was just embarassing.

Who knows if Christie would have done any better but based on so far this season, dropping him was very harsh I thought.

I too wouldn't drop Christie. The problem with Shotton against Forest wasn't that he was bad, it was just that he got done for pace too often.

I too wouldn't drop Christie. The problem with Shotton against Forest wasn't that he was bad, it was just that he got done for pace too often.

He was playing against one of the fastest wingers in the league. He did much better in the second half.

I was impressed with Dawks second half. Russle he was like meh.

Not sure, but I want to see this team for Blackburn.

Grant

Shotton/Christie - Whitbread - Keogh - Forsyth

-  Eustace  -

Hughes      -       Dawkins

Ward/Russell           -                         Ibe

Martin

I'd struggle to pick my best 11 at the minute, we have a great squad.

After watching us against Forest it really frustrates me how Martin can sometimes be so inneffective during a game due to not getting enough service.

In these games, I would love to see us mix it up a bit and play 2 up front with Best and Martin, and let the two wide strikers drop back a bit and play as wingers. Best has impressed me up to now when he has come on and i cant help but feel that if he and Martin managed to create some sort of partnership it could be really effective for us.

just a thought......

I'm not sure of our best side at the moment ,as good players are of form [bryson] .Trouble is I have an horrible feeling Steve doesn't know either.

Agreed, but don't panic just yet, we have the whole season to find the best starting XI. McClaren is going to let that happen organically rather than tinker about too much. The fact we have so many options for different players and their positions can only be a good thing.

Grant

Christie Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes Bryson

Russell                               Ward

Martin

Until of course someone comes in and changes it up. Ibe, on what I've seen and other recommendations, could push either one of Russell or Ward out the picture. 

Archived