Our best team now ?

nfb

Its only 6 games in, and we have a few new names in the frame...

So, what your best starting 11 and subs.

Should prove interesting atm...

For Me...                                    

................................................. Grant..........................................................................................................

.............Christie.........Buxton............. ,Keogh................... Forsyth........................................................

............................................... ..Eustace........................................................................................................

.............................Hendrick..........Hughes........Russell.................................................................................

.................Ibe..............................Martin........................................................................................................

Subs, Roos, Shotton, Mascarell, Bryson, Ward, Best, Calero

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure he's only got one goal so far, Valley, despite starting...oh yes, every game. You're a Derby fan, not a Bryson fan and right now Hughes and Hendrick are the dominant two CM's.

It's all about opinions m8 your entitled to yours I'm entitled to mine and bryso would never be out the team if fit

Bryson wouldnt be out of Chelseas team if it was up to you.

Why drop Christie? I know Shotton done OK in the second half, but first half he was just embarassing.

Who knows if Christie would have done any better but based on so far this season, dropping him was very harsh I thought.

This might be controversial but I would have whitbread for bucko

And ibe for Dawkins

So

Grant

Shotton Keogh whitbread fozzy

Eustace

Hughes bryso

Ibe Martin Russell

I don't think you're far out with this, though I think Christie allows us to put more pressure on them down the flanks. I also thought Best looked sharper today and Russell, though I am a big fan, needs to do more else he will be out. I actually thought Bryson did better today. He carried the ball well and was unlucky to be subbed.

Bryson just hasn't been as effective yet this season, and it is always a decision who to pick out of Hendrick, Hughes,Bryson... or for that matter Dawkins, Russell, Ward... cant all play so its a always gonna split opinion

On this seasons form Ward should be in the team, he has been our best attacking player. I really like Martin but I think Best is pushing for a start, he keeps impressing when he comes on and adds a bit more pace up there, nice to have options

Chris Martin needs the ball to his feet and the support of willing runners. He is one of the best passers in the side and has an eye for goal. However, if he is left isolated he will always look ineffective. He doesn't have pace and so cannot fashion chances on his own. What would be great would be if we had wide players good enough at defending who could then allow a 4-4-2 with Best and Martin together. 

Chris Martin needs the ball to his feet and the support of willing runners. He is one of the best passers in the side and has an eye for goal. However, if he is left isolated he will always look ineffective. He doesn't have pace and so cannot fashion chances on his own. What would be great would be if we had wide players good enough at defending who could then allow a 4-4-2 with Best and Martin together. 

I dont think changing the shape of the team is really the answer, we have our way of playing and it suits us and our record is pretty impressive since we went to 433.  We have certain players not really on form yet, martin, russell and bryson for example but we now have a squad were we have others ready to step in.

Grant

Christie      Keogh       Buxton       Forsyth

Eustace

Bryson         Hughes

Ibe                       Martin                       Ward

Grant

Christie      Keogh       Buxton       Forsyth

Eustace

Bryson         Hughes

Ibe                       Martin                       Ward

Swap Whitbread for Bucko (cause he cant play) and that would be my team for Blackburn.

Archived