Bamford Supporting Forest

YorkshireRam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friends cousin is a former ice hockey player and now a coach. When he played he was offered a contract to play for the better team which was our worst rival. He said he would never play for them. And didn't. After his career as a player he was offered a chance to coach for them and he accepted. My friend and me and my dad were shocked by this decision.

My friend asked him how he could do that. He answered that as a player he had so many options he could afford to say no but there are so few positions for the coaches he had to accept the job because he had a family to support. He didn't like it but the kids got to eat.

Still it hurt to see him in wearing that logo. But I do respect his decision. If it was my kids I would put them first too.

Never liked him anyway.

I'd still have him back on loan though.

He'll never get owt at Chelsea and as long as he thinks everyone else is a stepping stone I'm not sure he will get much better than his Forest in the end.

Lots of ability but too casual. He's right on the border of being too arrogant.

Imo of course

My friends cousin is a former ice hockey player and now a coach. When he played he was offered a contract to play for the better team which was our worst rival. He said he would never play for them. And didn't. After his career as a player he was offered a chance to coach for them and he accepted. My friend and me and my dad were shocked by this decision.

My friend asked him how he could do that. He answered that as a player he had so many options he could afford to say no but there are so few positions for the coaches he had to accept the job because he had a family to support. He didn't like it but the kids got to eat.

Still it hurt to see him in wearing that logo. But I do respect his decision. If it was my kids I would put them first too.

Did anyone read beyond the first sentence of this post?

A true Forest fan would never EVER had played for us, just like we would never have played for them. He's a plastic fan just trying to win back support in his hometown, a town full of fans who hounded his friend to an early grave, poor chap.

like kris commons ?

A true Forest fan would never EVER had played for us, just like we would never have played for them. He's a plastic fan just trying to win back support in his hometown, a town full of fans who hounded his friend to an early grave, poor chap.

What a load if rubbish... You would play for forest, we all would, it is a job, they pay your wages you play for them.

Loads if famous examples of players playing for rivals, Robbie fowler, Steve macmanaman, both evertonians etc etc etc. it's a job.

And by the way....he was average for us that's all but he did get some important points for us.

What a load if rubbish... You would play for forest, we all would, it is a job, they pay your wages you play for them.

Loads if famous examples of players playing for rivals, Robbie fowler, Steve macmanaman, both evertonians etc etc etc. it's a job.

And by the way....he was average for us that's all but he did get some important points for us.

I 100% wouldn't. End of.

Archived