When you see the forest badge...

RobboRam

Wondered if anyone else had this or similar???

Whenever I see the forest badge anywhere, I get a sheer sense of repulse, disgust and it makes me grit my teeth automatically.

I can't walk past someone in the street wearing a forest shirt without saying "forest are s##t". It's like Tourette's.

It's probably the symbol which has the biggest impact on me instantly, more than any other.

The other thing that annoys me is the small 'e' in the badge when all the other letters are capitals!!! It suits them perfectly though, all being thick, illiterate b######s!!!!

COYR!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for you TBH.

Wars and genocide have had such small beginnings!

Get and keep things in their proper perspective.

I am, and always will be, a Rams supporter but I still prefer a good game played in a sporting manner to one played in an atmosphere of hatred and intimidation.

I don't know how old you are but I have supported the Rams for 45 of my 64 years and have never had an adverse reactions to another team's badge. Even when Revie's team used to pay us a visit!  :cool:

Wondered if anyone else had this or similar???

Whenever I see the forest badge anywhere, I get a sheer sense of repulse, disgust and it makes me grit my teeth automatically.

I can't walk past someone in the street wearing a forest shirt without saying "forest are s##t". It's like Tourette's.

It's probably the symbol which has the biggest impact on me instantly, more than any other.

The other thing that annoys me is the small 'e' in the badge when all the other letters are capitals!!! It suits them perfectly though, all being thick, illiterate b######s!!!!

COYR!!!

Seek help asap.

Derby's badge is pretty unique but I'd say that the FOReST tree is probably recognised all over (due obviously to historical succuss as well as the iconic nature of the badge). I know I've had it pointed out by locals on three different continents when wearing a shirt who have then reeled off names of players you'd forgotten about yourself from back in the day.

Seems it's not just me who thinks our badge is great either...

http://false9.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/top-10-club-badges.html?m=1

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2011/07/championship-club-crest-league-table/

Living in Nottm, I would be swearing constantly if I had the same problem. Will occasionally boo under my breathe as a joke, but don't have a problem with Forest shirts. In fact, I like the fact that our 2 midlands cities predominantly have people from all walks wearing their teams colours 7 days a week. Always say if we go up, I want Forest to finish 2nd behind us and come up so we can beat them in the prem!

Friendly rivalry is great. 

Hatred of another team, their supporters etc based on an excessive tribal mentality is actually pretty sad. Those feelings ultimately spawn - in some - the holliganism we have hoped to eradicate from football. 

Supporters 'support' their team.  You don't have to 'hate' other teams to show support for yours. 

I'm nervous about playing Forest always. When your rival gets one over you it is awful. And I like to childishly "crow" over my Forest mates when we win. But they are my mates; and good ones too.

Football is a great game.  I hope today's passes off without trouble. I fear there will be some.

Derby's badge is pretty unique but I'd say that the FOReST tree is probably recognised all over (due obviously to historical succuss as well as the iconic nature of the badge). I know I've had it pointed out by locals on three different continents when wearing a shirt who have then reeled off names of players you'd forgotten about yourself from back in the day.

Seems it's not just me who thinks our badge is great either...

http://false9.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/top-10-club-badges.html?m=1

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2011/07/championship-club-crest-league-table/

The problem is that football has moved on so much in the past 20-odd years that I doubt Nottingham Forest will be known all over - nevermind the badge. Don't get me wrong, it's a good one for the pub quiz in some bar in the middle of Spain but I don't think anyone outside the UK has paid much, if any, attention to either of our clubs in the past 20 years. 

I can't say it without sounding condescending, BUT, how many average joe's outside the UK know anything about the 'historical success of Nottingham Forest and iconic nature of your badge?' I'd guess, not a lot. 

Unless you're current then you can be damn sure you're forgotten. I think more people around the world would be able to identify the Stoke City badge over both of ours because that is simply the power of the Premier League. 

Archived