Jake Buxton - Hero AND Legend

uttoxram75

He was poor though and it was a silly sending off. Cost us as I believe we could of nicked it as we were in the ascendency.

He will be banned so it's up to Whitbread to keep the shirt now.

except when whitbreads come in to replace bucko so far this season i think hes been just as good if not better, IMO whitbread is a better defender and what we need atm is a better defender, so im happy (hoping) whitbread will be stuck in, and should have 3 matches rather than 1 to keep the shirt

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

except when whitbreads come in to replace bucko so far this season i think hes been just as good if not better, IMO whitbread is a better defender and what we need atm is a better defender, so im happy (hoping) whitbread will be stuck in, and should have 3 matches rather than 1 to keep the shirt

I agree Whitbreads is better just hope he plays well enough to make Mac stick with him. He is our most aerially dominant centre half.

He was poor though and it was a silly sending off. Cost us as I believe we could of nicked it as we were in the ascendency.

He will be banned so it's up to Whitbread to keep the shirt now.

An unnecessary sending off but I didn't think he was poor other than that.

After this thread I was actually persuaded that he had more about him than being a clogger then he puts in a performance like that...

Good job him and Hughes have played plenty of good games for us the majority of the time. Luckily the East Midlands Derby isn't a proving ground believe it or not.

Good job him and Hughes have played plenty of good games for us the majority of the time. Luckily the East Midlands Derby isn't a proving ground believe it or not.

True, just going on what I see. I'd say it's the type of game made for defenders to look good. It's very difficult for midfielders/attackers to stand out in a derby game when it's so frenetic and tackles are flying in.

Buxton obviously plays on the character of being the fans representative on the pitch and as such psychs himself up to the point where he can't play normally.

Summed up Jake's game yesterday when he was judged to have fouled Assombalonga in the first few minutes. The replay showed that Assombalonga had almost ripped Jake's shirt clean off before the ref gave the free kick to the gumps. 

Knowing he was up against such poor refereeing he should not have made the ref's decision so easy for him.

Jake's not fit and Mac shouldn't have played him.

Not sure Bucko showed signs of injury yesterday like he did the the previous couple of games - against Ipswich he could clearly be seen holding his hip etc.

Bucko has to play a part in his selection - Mac will clearly ask him how he is and Bucko needs to be honest.

Some are in denial, Buxton has not been very good this season . It will be good to see if Whitbread can do better.

Not sure Bucko showed signs of injury yesterday like he did the the previous couple of games - against Ipswich he could clearly be seen holding his hip etc.

Bucko has to play a part in his selection - Mac will clearly ask him how he is and Bucko needs to be honest.

Some are in denial, Buxton has not been very good this season . It will be good to see if Whitbread can do better.

It's all just excuses he has been poor and that's that.

Prob why he lost his head.

Just imagine the reaction of those defending him if it was Keogh!

Archived