Jake Buxton - Hero AND Legend

uttoxram75

#RamsFans I wanna know about Derby based businesses... small or large! Tag the business owner if you can! Lets give them some publicity!

@the_real_wc @TCHarrisonFord are you guys #dcfcfans over at TCHarrisonFord?

Check out Jake's twitter.....the man is just brilliant, on and off the pitch.....

"https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/464190209601835008/vIq0VGWT_400x400.jpeg" alt="vIq0VGWT_400x400.jpeg">

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people cream over Jake Buxton? Serious question.

Is it because he was a freebie from Burton and now considered one of our first choices at the back? Or is it just a humour thing? Obsessing over a beard, knocking a horse out jokes and references to Beckenbauer..

I don't get it, why he's held in such high regard.

I think it's because he clearly cares so much, works so hard, will play with injuries and has improved so much he is first choice at CB. Add to that the fact he is relatively local and no nonsense and you are ticking the boxes for a fans favourite. Anyone who has met him will confirm he is a sound bloke and properly aware of where he has come from and where he is now.

Yes, there is a lot of humour on here about him but I believe it comes from a respect and affection for him.

Top bloke

Is it because he was a freebie from Burton and now considered one of our first choices at the back? Or is it just a humour thing? Obsessing over a beard, knocking a horse out jokes and references to Beckenbauer..

Some people wear their heart on their sleeve.

I see you wear snot on yours.

I agree :)

But Is it because you ve all played Sunday league football from time to time and see a little bit of him in you?

I agree :)

But Is it because you ve all played Sunday league football from time to time and see a little bit of him in you?

So a Sunday League hoofer once scored the winning goal against the team with two stars?

Just how crap does that make Forest then?

He deserves respect and affection and is clearly a good bloke who gives 100% , but he is over-rated as a defender and is no better than Keogh, though they have different abilities.

We should be looking for an upgrade.

If we're looking to upgrade Buxton and Keogh, I think there would be another half dozen to upgrade.

Perhaps in a few years time....and when we have the money......when they've helped us to the Premier?

Archived