Calero travels with first team squad

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As i stated in my 'forwards' thread, the three 'wide ish' players are all much of a muchness for me atm, Dawkins and Ward arent at their best, while Russell seems to be playing well,and should be picked over the other two atm, but they are not wingers, and cut in or prefer more 'central roles' off the main striker, so as we have no winger yet on loan, i hope to see Calero feature soon, as he will get some chalk on his boots and offer us width, which i think will give us another way of winning as i think Beast will thrive too from that type of service...  so for me tomorrow or any other day, its a double substitution Beast and Calero (for Martin/ Russell or A N Others ) around 65 mins , especially if we're 2-0 or so up... and lets see how they click, it would be interesting to see them both in their best positions, as for me Beast out wide is like Bamford out wide, ok, but its not their natural game.

As i stated in my 'forwards' thread, the three 'wide ish' players are all much of a muchness for me atm, Dawkins and Ward arent at their best, while Russell seems to be playing well,and should be picked over the other two atm, but they are not wingers, and cut in or prefer more 'central roles' off the main striker, so as we have no winger yet on loan, i hope to see Calero feature soon, as he will get some chalk on his boots and offer us width, which i think will give us another way of winning as i think Beast will thrive too from that type of service...  so for me, its a double substitution Beast and Calero (for Martin and Russell ) around 65 mins , especially if we're 2-0 or so up... and lets see how they click, it would be interesting to see them both in their best positions, as for me Beast out wide is like Bamford out wide, ok, but its not their natural game.

Have you seen him play? He is not an out and out winger.

Ive not seen him live no, just the footage on The Official site, if he cant do the 'wide thing' that we ask of Ward and Dawkins, then i bow to your superior knowledge Sage... my mistaken impression was he could.

This lad is looking like he is going to be one hell of a piece of business for us. I am glad for him. Nothing worse than not rewarding a player that deserves rewarding. I also dislike this argument of nurturing and development and experience some people push forward. If a player is ready they are ready. Don't confuse starting him in every match to giving him the opportunity he deserves. 

- We were falling over ourselves with excitement when we secured Dawkins after his loan- Ward was damn near our player of the year the season before last despite injury issues- Russell generated a thread second only to Thorne's during his transfer sagaAll three are being thrown under the bus after 2 games this season because the midfield isn't operating as it did last season, and as such they won't get the support they need. You know a great solution to this, throw a promising youngster under the bus too into the deep end away from home for the third game of the season.

Agree agree and thrice agree

Ive not seen him live no, just the footage on The Official site, if he cant do the 'wide thing' that we ask of Ward and Dawkins, then i bow to your superior knowledge Sage... my mistaken impression was he could.

Everyone should  :ph34r:

It's good to hear he's progressing. One would hope that out of all these younger players, one at least should emerge and make a first team place for himself. After all, these guys aren't 16. They are all old enough to play in the Championship if they're good enough. I just hope that it's not a token gesture. We've had a few who got on the bench without getting on the pitch.

Personally. I'd have Mason on the bench. He's quick, strong and direct, if naive. I hope he comes back from his loan and into the team. However, we have a habit of sending lads out on loan, only to then sell them permanently.

I hope Calero not only benches, but gets a go. We will never know if he's good enough until he's tested and Charlton away (where the crowd expectation might not be so great) would be an opportunity to do so.

Was listening to the phone in on RD earlier and they had a guy on who spent a bit of time living over in Madrid, and has seen both Calero and Mascarell play on several occasions. He said that Derby had got their hands on two very good, technically gifted players who knew their positions well and, in his opinion, would likely slot straight into our side as we play a style of football closest (in the Championship) to that in which they will have been schooled.

Looking forward to seeing their progress over the course of this season... 

Ivan Calero. Ivan Calero.

Ivan, Ivan Calero.

Ivan, Ivan Calero.

Richard Keogh.

Jake Buxton and Bryson.

To the tune of La Bamba.

Best song ever written on here, without a doubt. No need to thank me, just pay me.

You obviously missed my Omar epic.

Archived