Under 21s & Academy 14/15

-JW-

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Atmosphere it must be said   :lol:

Hanson was great somewhere on the video youll see his driven pass from the back with pin point accuracy, interesting to see Sharpe at centre back, I thought he was a Left Back, looked good though.

One thing to add was I thought Thomas was a Crouch-esque striker, lanky etc. but his first touch and movement with his stature was Zlatan-esque without the skills and backheels but I think he isn't our best striker

I went to the u21 game and thought Derby did really well, Arsenal are a strong team with players like Chuba Akpom who was on the bench for the first team the day before at Man utd, I think many of these players could step up, but I feel most will have to prove them self elsewhere, I don't think Mac would risk them, I thought Rhys sharpe did really well when put centre back, he is a left back and has only played there once before, which shows he is versatile, both him and Max Lowe are good left backs, but Derby still brought in another left back rather than risk either of them, most of them will never be seen playing derby first team if Derby go up, and half the team that's gets them up will probably go, Derby will have to spend to stay up, there is so much money in football these days that it takes a good and brave manager to bring players through, most just spend. 

I don't rate Lowe as a left back but think he is better when I've seen him in midfield, Also he should be giving his all For the u21's. I have always thought sharpe a better left back, but I think Derby prefer Lowe, sharpe had his league debut  for Shrewsbury last night and got great comments in a 4-1 win, even the shrews manager said he was class, but didn't see anything on the Derby site about it. 

Archived