Under 21s & Academy 14/15

-JW-

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the game tonight, thought the lads played well against a really good team.

Calero really impressed in glimpses, the ball literally sticks to his foot when dribbling.

Kwame Thomas was extremely disappointing however, not sure what he really offered us - he looked clumsy and lethargic for the most part, especially compared to their striker who caused our defence problems all game

I went to watch the U21's against Southampton, I think we did well considering the opposition, Southampton are a good team and we should have been 2-0 up in 5 mins but for a poor penalty by Calero, I agree that he has good feet on the ball but its not just about going in one direction, also he didn't pass the ball enough when people were in better positions, you cant win games on your own, also the defence were left open to many times through the middle which you cant do when you have players like Sam Gallagher and Ryan Seager running at you, but also you have to remember the U21's are playing premiership teams and doing well against them, and most of them have players who have played in the first team like Sam Gallagher. 

Derby U21's  play  Arsenal on Tuesday night why not go along and watch them, 

Archived