Under 21s & Academy 14/15

-JW-

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good performance from the u21s creating numerous opportunities against an arsenal side including a few potential future stars such as zelalem and crowley.

derby had good chances to score through bunjaku, guy and macdonald in the first half.

Hanson twice hit the woodwork from free kicks in the second half.

the match was played to a high standard and a good pace.

bunjaku was impressive for Derby, whilst Arsenal probably had the best player on the pitch in Kristian Bielik the £2m 17 year old signing from Legia Warszawa.

just as it seemed that Arsenal might take charge Derby won a corner and Calero scored from the resultant box into the box.

good work from the Rams. Final score 1-0.

I went .

Hanson  hit the post and bar  from two free kicks outside the box and played very well alongside Sharpe as a CB pair .

Roos had very little to do in goal .

Bunjaku looked good also .

Koblenz did well and looks very good to me.

Max Lowe was good  at LB .

Young Charles Vernam looks good as does Alfie Santos who  both came on as subs  

Callum Guy is improving.

Calero played very well and looked dangerous all night and scored  a cracking goal   

Not sure how many U21s are ready for 1st team yet but the whole lot of them  look good prospects .

Arsenal are a very good side but we're not able to create too much as Derby marshaled them well   

​How was Hanson's general play? He is unbelievable at set pieces. Still can improve plenty too. In today's game (even the past) someone who can bag goals from set pieces is a diamond in the rough. The coaching staff should be doing all they can to get that lad prepared for the 1st team match day squad. If we don't go up this season, I hope at least 5 of the u21 players are in our matchday squad come the end of next season. 

​How was Hanson's general play? He is unbelievable at set pieces. Still can improve plenty too. In today's game (even the past) someone who can bag goals from set pieces is a diamond in the rough. The coaching staff should be doing all they can to get that lad prepared for the 1st team match day squad. If we don't go up this season, I hope at least 5 of the u21 players are in our matchday squad come the end of next season.

I thought that Hanson and Koblenz were our best players, however they all deserve credit as they always tried to work as a unit [other than Thomas on occasions], Bunjaku, Sharpe, Lowe and Guy all had good games.

Calero took his goal well and he caused Arsenal problems throughout the game, he seems to have put a bit more aggression into his game which I like and he deserves at least a bench spot with the 1st XI.

Jamie Hanson's free kicks are a joy to watch, he obviously practices these and he was so unlucky with his two last night.

Well done to the lads, THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, THE FUTURE IS BLACK & WHITE.

Calero's first touch is unbelievable. The confidence to trap the ball from the corner and beat his man to shoot is incredibly special. He looks outstanding with the ball at his feet and looks to be behind every good move we create.

If we don't make him into a first-team player in the next year or so then something has gone horribly wrong. He has a lot of ability, that's for sure. 

Archived