Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Day

It will be a tough one.Even though I think we should get the three points,it will not be easy.Wednesday is coming off a win versus Brighton which means they will have some confidence.

I feel that they will park the bus for the most part and hope to get something on the counter.If we play our game we should easily get the three points.As mackworth said if we want an auto we cannot drop points to obviously poorer teams such as the Owls.

I couldn't care less ;)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once we get our set pieces sorted out we'll be unstoppable.

We're still finding our best form yet but doing enough to rack up the points.

I fully expect us to get a win vs Wednesday but it won't be a walkover.

Wednesday 1 - 2 Rams FRGS Martin, then Forsyth.

Grant to make a few more great saves during Wednesday's spells of dominance.

last year they were very physical and liked the long ball tactic, but I'm sure we're preparing for more of the same come Saturday and maybe that will be reflected in the chosen line up?

I'd love to see another Buckenbauer roulette mind. 

They won't go 4-4-2 against us because the last time they did that we absolutely mullered them. Can see them going 4-5-1, trying to get in our faces and swamp the midfield.

But we've got the players to play our way out of trouble and I can see us winning the midfield battle nonetheless.

In fact, I can see us winning the midfield battle in almost all of our games this season.

They won't go 4-4-2 against us because the last time they did that we absolutely mullered them. Can see them going 4-5-1, trying to get in our faces and swamp the midfield.

But we've got the players to play our way out of trouble and I can see us winning the midfield battle nonetheless.

In fact, I can see us winning the midfield battle in almost all of our games this season.

I agree.Our midfield by far is the best in the Championship imo.As I said earlier they have some confidence coming off the win versus Brighton then the thrashing of Notts County in their cup game.Howecer we should really have no problems getting the three points

I reckon they'll line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation, probably with two holding midfielders and the other attacking midfielder to drop back when under pressure.

Looking at their potential line up I don't recognise many of their players. That could be a good thing or a bad thing - I'm pretty sure people didn't know who the likes of Russell, Buxton, Forsyth, Bryson and Hendrick were last season either.

Once we get our set pieces sorted out we'll be unstoppable.

We're still finding our best form yet but doing enough to rack up the points.

I fully expect us to get a win vs Wednesday but it won't be a walkover.

Wednesday 1 - 2 Rams FRGS Martin, then Forsyth.

Grant to make a few more great saves during Wednesday's spells of dominance.

Wrong thread , et tu , brother !!

1-2 derby win

Wrong thread , again.. !!

Note to Daveo ,

they post results in wrong thread , then come moaning to me they've got no points !!

Yes - indirectly.

By begging, but I see you've discovered that already.

Thanks.

Hey everybody, I'm really proud of my 8-0 post and think the 'sandwich' comment shows a fresh new exciting approach to football punditry.

Please do the right thing and like my post.

If they're the passing football side as described then I think we'll be better off for it. I think if both teams play the same way, it usually goes down to who has the most quality on the pitch.

It would no doubt also help if they set up to have the ball on Saturday too. I have no doubts they will plan their game around us and frustrate though. 

Chris Maguire is wasteful, but has moments of magic. Sam Hutchinson is a solid enough player. Kieran Lee is half-decent too. However, they're far from blessed with copious amounts of ability. I'm not saying it will be easy, in any way, but we should beat them as we have more ability and more threat. 

Wrong thread , et tu , brother !!

Wrong thread , again.. !!

Note to Daveo ,

they post results in wrong thread , then come moaning to me they've got no points !!

Just ignore them, what I would do

Archived