Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Day

Just read a few quots on their forum - they're not happy with our over-confidence and they seem to think they've turned from an awful hoofball side who's destined for the bottom eight to an easy on the eye possession side over the summer.

Regardless of the result, I'd be utterly amazed if Derby don't finish at least 15 points ahead of them this season

I hope they play the possession game, as that will suit us down to the ground.

Anyway here are a few of the quotes:

"I think their "best midfield in the league" are going to get a rude awakening to Sam Hutchinson on Saturday..."

"Derby are a very good side, and I'd be happy with a draw. BUT they're definitely not unbeatable. They've played 2 'poor' sides so far in Carlisle and Rotherham and both caused them problems. They beat them, but they didn't batter them.

We very much deserved the victory against Brighton. We kept possesion very well and they struggled on occassion to break through us.  We completely dominated the game last night, and that was without two of our best midfielders in Lee & Hutchinson...and possibly our best striker in May."

"Said to my mate last night I really don't think derby are all that this season. Quietly confident of at least a point Saturday."

!I've heard of Lee Grant and that horrible odious little **** who played for the pigs...I wouldn't be able to pick their "best midfield on the planet" out of a line-up."

"Can't stand how good they think they are. Especially saying May will be our only threat, I hope Maguire and Maghoma play as good as the did yesterday, because them going down the wings will give them a huge shock at how much they influence the game. Also, they say on there we only beat Brighton last week due to a 'once-in-a-season' shot, I'm pretty sure that's the only way they managed to beat us last season?"

"Makes me laugh, One of them said we will set up to frustrate them and try and get a result,They did that against toy town last Saturday, If we play like we did at Brighton then i cant see why we wont get the result"

"We will beat them. I must have missed their transition from a Championship calibre team to a world class squad after one season."

"They're a good side but thick as **** fans judging by that. Really do hope McClaren underestimates us as much as the fans are."

"Can't believe Derby County fans haven't been paying attention to our pre-season preparations etc"

"I couldn't even name four of their first team players. I'm not surprised most of them don't rate the likes of Lee, Palmer, Nuhiu etc, they probably know nowt about them. I hope we beat them solely because of their annoying c**t of a manager, rather than their fan base"

"Derby are overrated. A good side but not that good. They conveniently forget that they were fortunate to beat us last time out"

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read a few quots on their forum - they're not happy with our over-confidence and they seem to think they've turned from an awful hoofball side who's destined for the bottom eight to an easy on the eye possession side over the summer.

Regardless of the result, I'd be utterly amazed if Derby don't finish at least 15 points ahead of them this season

I hope they play the possession game, as that will suit us down to the ground.

Anyway here are a few of the quotes:

"I think their "best midfield in the league" are going to get a rude awakening to Sam Hutchinson on Saturday..."

"Derby are a very good side, and I'd be happy with a draw. BUT they're definitely not unbeatable. They've played 2 'poor' sides so far in Carlisle and Rotherham and both caused them problems. They beat them, but they didn't batter them.

We very much deserved the victory against Brighton. We kept possesion very well and they struggled on occassion to break through us.  We completely dominated the game last night, and that was without two of our best midfielders in Lee & Hutchinson...and possibly our best striker in May."

"Said to my mate last night I really don't think derby are all that this season. Quietly confident of at least a point Saturday."

!I've heard of Lee Grant and that horrible odious little **** who played for the pigs...I wouldn't be able to pick their "best midfield on the planet" out of a line-up."

"Can't stand how good they think they are. Especially saying May will be our only threat, I hope Maguire and Maghoma play as good as the did yesterday, because them going down the wings will give them a huge shock at how much they influence the game. Also, they say on there we only beat Brighton last week due to a 'once-in-a-season' shot, I'm pretty sure that's the only way they managed to beat us last season?"

"Makes me laugh, One of them said we will set up to frustrate them and try and get a result,They did that against toy town last Saturday, If we play like we did at Brighton then i cant see why we wont get the result"

"We will beat them. I must have missed their transition from a Championship calibre team to a world class squad after one season."

"They're a good side but thick as **** fans judging by that. Really do hope McClaren underestimates us as much as the fans are."

"Can't believe Derby County fans haven't been paying attention to our pre-season preparations etc"

"I couldn't even name four of their first team players. I'm not surprised most of them don't rate the likes of Lee, Palmer, Nuhiu etc, they probably know nowt about them. I hope we beat them solely because of their annoying c**t of a manager, rather than their fan base"

"Derby are overrated. A good side but not that good. They conveniently forget that they were fortunate to beat us last time out"

It's always funny when you see your comments mentioned by furious opposition fans.

Maguire is rubbish. Maghoma is ok. I rate Kieran Lee. Nuhiu is an absolute donkey

You must be Joking. Wednesday are far bigger than their lower league porcine nemeses. Look at it this way. We are being far too confident, Wednesday have the ability to cause any team trouble. Especially with their new boy. I'm not a fan of Leon Best. Wednesday never went back in for him because he's inconsistent and wasteful in front of goal. Im still not sure about Mclaren. Hes got to go through a classic Mclaren flop yet and that could be imminent. Not saying it is just be more realistic. We have quality but so do they. They are right as well we havent battered anyone in last two games. This'll be a close one with if anything us being too confident 1-1 with a point each or Wednesday taking the spoils. 

You must be Joking. Wednesday are far bigger than their lower league porcine nemeses. Look at it this way. We are being far too confident, Wednesday have the ability to cause any team trouble. Especially with their new boy. I'm not a fan of Leon Best. Wednesday never went back in for him because he's inconsistent and wasteful in front of goal. Im still not sure about Mclaren. Hes got to go through a classic Mclaren flop yet and that could be imminent. Not saying it is just be more realistic. We have quality but so do they. They are right as well we havent battered anyone in last two games. This'll be a close one with if anything us being too confident 1-1 with a point each or Wednesday taking the spoils. 

Nothing wrong with us being confident. We have the best team we've had since Jim Smith's days - 15 yers ago. If we can't be confident and happy then why bother even being a fan...

Leon Best is a decent squad player - I doubt many other teams have a player of his quality on the bench.

We went four games without gaining a win and a good 300 plus minutes without scoring last season... What McClaren flop are you suggesting?

We utterly dominated Carlisle. We created more chances in the 2-0 win over Carlisle than the 5-0 win over Forest. Scorelines don't always show the superiority.

Wednesday are bang average just like we were a couple of seasons ago. We have everything to beat them and whilst there are no easy games in the Championship, there are no hard games either. Why can't we expect a win? We're not playing top PL opposition away from home.

Breweing up quite nicely this. One team's fans may end up getting quite a shock on Saturday - theirs obviously...

"Nice to see they're underestimating us. We'll be more than a match for them. Do they not know that they were lucky to beat us last season?"

"Only thing I'm worried about is Best coming back to haunt us. Their midfield 3 of Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick is good, but very lightweight. Hutchinson will have to 'do a job on them'. Their right back Christie is new to this level & was largely untested against Rotherham's wingers. Our two will be a different story to him. I'm confident."

"Let em think what they want, not really arsed about em Must be cold in forests shadow though"

"Typical Rams fans. Arrogant to the last. Hope we muller em big time"

"I really do think Derby's run in was a Megson / Jones scenario in respect that McLaren took over a good/settled side which tried hard to impress.  I really don't rate SM and I think he'll do more harm to that squad than good.  IMO they'll be looking at a mid table finish."

"I think that our midfield is well capable of matching their on Saturday, even if we opt to start playing 4-4-2"

:lol:

Brilliant. Where do you sit at the iPRO again, mate? 

Welcome to the board. You sound "close" to Wednesday. Anything you want to confess?

Why say you that mr holmes? as i refer to united as porcine or that this is my first post in a matchday thread or perhaps that i dont advocate Best or Mclaren or even finally that i am realistic about Rams chances. Our failures last season to finish the job we started, coupled with my lacklustre affection for Mclaren prevent me from being optimistic about our chances, just realistic and im not taking any team for granted. I have a lot of admiration for Wednesday and we should pay that respect gladly. Brighton looked dead certs for 1st home win but they were beaten by a team of better quality. IMO UTO.

Looks like they may get Wood on loan too. Dont think thatll be done by sat tho. Itll be a good closely fought game ending with a draw i think. Would like to say we'll get three.

And i have a wednesdayite for a brother! 

Why say you that mr holmes? as i refer to united as porcine or that this is my first post in a matchday thread or perhaps that i dont advocate Best or Mclaren or even finally that i am realistic about Rams chances. Our failures last season to finish the job we started, coupled with my lacklustre affection for Mclaren prevent me from being optimistic about our chances, just realistic and im not taking any team for granted. I have a lot of admiration for Wednesday and we should pay that respect gladly. Brighton looked dead certs for 1st home win but they were beaten by a team of better quality. IMO UTO.

Looks like they may get Wood on loan too. Dont think thatll be done by sat tho. Itll be a good closely fought game ending with a draw i think. Would like to say we'll get three.

That's not a brother, mate. That's a mirror. 

Your not fooling anyone.

Both sets of fans seem to acting arrogant, we looked to have finally turned a corner but you have a few quality players who, if given time on the ball, will hurt us but we still have players who can do a bit of magic too, plus your 12 game unbeaten run against has to be ended soon, right?

Archived