Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Day

Just after some friendly banter. Itll be a great game. We both got stronger teams than last year and i rekon itll be closer than we both think. Always enjoyed a good game and Rams at home equals good game. I genuinely dont think Mclaren is good for you guys tho. You deserve someone better. I would like to see both up in the playoffs if not competing for autos but i think well both sit just outside. Hope you have a great day out. Good luck and all! hoping stevie May gets one or two on his debut and Leon fluffs his lines but we dont always get what we want. See you in the mix at the end of the season. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just after some friendly banter. Itll be a great game. We both got stronger teams than last year and i rekon itll be closer than we both think. Always enjoyed a good game and Rams at home equals good game. I genuinely dont think Mclaren is good for you guys tho. You deserve someone better. I would like to see both up in the playoffs if not competing for autos but i think well both sit just outside. Hope you have a great day out. Good luck and all! hoping stevie May gets one or two on his debut and Leon fluffs his lines but we dont always get what we want. See you in the mix at the end of the season. 

What evidence do you base on McClaren not being good for us? His 62% win record since he's been Derby manager, or? 

A manager that would be good for us would unquestionably have to go on and break every record and not lose a game then. 

One of my good mates is a Wednesday fan and he was not looking forward to the season at all before Saturday. Haven't spoken to him today but I wonder if he suddenly thinks they're absolutely quality after 2 good results like all the rest on that forum seem to.

All well and good saying we were lucky to beat them last time out, it's true we weren't great and a point might've been fair. But then again we could've had double figures when we played them at place and that wasn't even close to our best performance of the season. Really don't think it's unreasonable to say if we're on our game we'll win, but that seems to be upsetting them.

What evidence do you base on McClaren not being good for us? His 62% win record since he's been Derby manager, or? 

A manager that would be good for us would unquestionably have to go on and break every record and not lose a game then. 

Just dont think hes your long term solution. I could be wrong and first to admit it if he does return you to the top flight. I am a little more preoccupied with wednesdays toubles though lol.  

Out of interest, though, I would like to see a Sheffield Wednesday mock up of the best XI between our two teams. 

No rush, just interested.

Keeper is a tough one.

But here goes

Westwood (it really is a tough call)

Buxton L, Buxton J, Loovens, Forsyth.

Bryson, Hughes, Hendricks, Lee

Maguire

Martin

I'm not even joking when I say this but not one Sheff Wednesday player would get into our team.

I'm not saying that we are better than them man for man, just not one of their players would improve on ours in the style that we play. Be interesting if they believe any of our playerswould get into their team based on their style.

Afterall they seem to think our midfield is lightweight.

I don't think anyone on either side is being arrogant, it's just that we've both had a good start and both have grounds for optimism.

Don't understand the righteous indignation when fans of other clubs think their side will win. Pointless being a fan if you've no belief really, especially in August.

Should be a good game, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not even joking when I say this but not one Sheff Wednesday player would get into our team.

I'm not saying that we are better than them man for man, just not one of their players would improve on ours in the style that we play. Be interesting if they believe any of our playerswould get into their team based on their style.

Afterall they seem to think our midfield is lightweight.

I can't see where they would get any in. But, I don't know.

I'm basing this on four games in the last 12 months, stats and hear say - not the band!

Wednesday at home, we tore them to pieces. An unfair game, maybe?

Wednesday away, they played over our midfield and it hurt us. Antonio ran Wisdom, but they didn't have a real chance.

Charlton vs Wednesday FA Cup - I was invited down and it was one of the worst performances, by Wednesday, I have seen by a championship club. Miguel Llera, for me, is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. I can't begin to explain how bad he was.

Wednesday vs Leeds on Sky - terrible hoof ball game, which ended in McCormack pissing round a cumbersome Zayatte.

I didn't see their 6-0 win at Leeds, though. So, perhaps I'm missing something.

I've not been impressed in any of their showings, I've seen, in all honesty. Nor, would I take any of their players.

Laughable how bad the defending is in that.

Given he's a striker, he should be able to score goals and he seems a good finisher on the whole. But the Championship is a massive step up and so many strikers like Goodwillie and Sammon have looked world beaters there.

Few frequent comments they've made that bother me.

That we struggled in our first two games. Nope.

That they can't name our players... Well, isn't that just ignorance? I could choose to ignore anybody who plays for Villa or Juventus or anybody else who's news isn't plastered over The Sun newspaper.

We're arrogant but they apparently don't acknowledge the existence of players outside Sheffield that aren't on Sky Super Sunday?

Have they heard of Marco Verratti? If not then he can't be good and someone should tell PSG to get rid of him.

Displaying ignorance is somehow something to boast about now.

Archived