Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Day

I wasn't replying to you in particular but to the other four who said I was an idiot. And as I said it was Valleyram who called me a ********. I am being a realist and I repeat that I don't think that Martin will score anywhere near as many goals as last season. What's wrong with that? And I don't think that automatic promotion will be ours this season. Am I allowed to have a view?

Granted valleyram called you a ********, but fail to see where anyone else calls you an idiot.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going off piste here. My point is still valid.

The tone of several responses suggested that as I wasn't a blind faither I must be two stops short of Upton Park

We are going off piste here. My point is still valid.

The tone of several responses suggested that as I wasn't a blind faither I must be two stops short of Upton Park

I think several of the replies don't think you are a Derby County fan. Based purely on what you wrote, I agree with them. 

I wasn't replying to you in particular but to the other four who said I was an idiot. And as I said it was Valleyram who called me a ********. I am being a realist and I repeat that I don't think that Martin will score anywhere near as many goals as last season. What's wrong with that? And I don't think that automatic promotion will be ours this season. Am I allowed to have a view?

I think you should certainly be allowed a view. But I think you should be solitary, perhaps on a wing of your own. Maybe one hours exercise a day.

I think several of the replies don't think you are a Derby County fan. Based purely on what you wrote, I agree with them.

Thanks. You've just proved my point. Because I don't think the Rams will do that well this season I must be either a ******** as said earlier or not a Rams fan. In fact I was born and bred within earshot of the BBG, lived and worked in Derby for over 30 years and was a season ticket holder for over 15 years and have a relative long dead who played for both Derby and England. I can have a realistic view and express it

You're allowed to have a view. I'm just saying, it does no good to be negative, especially since things are going well so far. Keep the faith. 

Just watched the Full 90 via Rams Player. Hard to really analyze something just by listening to it so just now posting my take on the match. Anyway, here is my take on the Rams on Saturday:

We had plenty of chances to get the max points, but again just as with the majority of the match against Carlisle we simply could not put a good final kick on the ball.  Sheffield had their fair share of chances, but I feel that we easily had the better ones, especially on the counterattack.  Hughes did pretty decent I thought, and Lee Grant and the rest of the defense were pretty solid all match long, especially Buxton.

The only negative things that I saw besides not getting the max points, was the lack of creativity on the wings by Dawkins and Ward. They just never seemed to get into good positions to really do anything, and gave away the ball too easily, or in Dawkins' case dashed inside too much and chances were wasted.  With all this being said, Wednesday has become harder to play at over the years it seems regardless of how what the expectations the media has for their squad and I will take the point especially as we have two straight home matches. With just 1 goal in our first two championship matches, it is obvious we need to finish our chances more and I am confident SM and his staff will rectify that problem.  Everyone who has said the Rams are destined for a bad season needs to take a step back and realize that we played two tough side so far regardless of their talent and have picked up 4 valuable points so far. 

MoTM: Buxton

My suggestions versus Charlton: Start Russell on the wing and Omar in the midfield.

I hope you are a wum, cos it would worry me if actual Derby fans had opinions like yours. Apart from us 'marking your words' you provide no rationale for why Martin and Bryson were one season wonders, even though our team has hardly changed, nor the opposition.

Presumabley, your opinion is based on our disasterous 3 games so far, where goal-shy Bryson and the clueless Martin have only scored 1 between them.

However, Hendrick has scored 2 in 3, so his 'guaranteed' 30 odd goals should help out.

Hopefully once the season settles down a bit, posters like these will stop appearing.

On a different tangent, must be great to be a shed-robber in Sheffield on a sat afternoon, no chance of getting nicked! Don't think I've ever seen a more over-policed game.

Talking of police - anyone else on the late train back where the idiot Man Utd fans started singing about Philpott?

Eventually one Derby fan cracked and offered him out. Within seconds the carriage was abuzz with the Rozzers. Madness

Archived