Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Day

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big test this.

Was a really difficult game there last season, which we scraped thanks to some magic from Patty B.

His performance was arguably one of the reasons we struggled at Wednesday, in fairness. He was absolutely terrible, and then out of blue he scored a wonder goal.

Nevermind, Sheffield Wednesday are a poor side - no doubt, they will put the ball over the top at every given chance and will thrive on having 10 men behind the ball. A frustrating side.

I'd be disappointed with any other than a win. However, as Brighton found out, they can do a 'job' on possession dominant teams.

Tough game this one is gonna be.

But if we have aspirations to get automatic promotion then this is one of the games that you need to be winning. 

My line up would be

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Dawkins, Martin, Russell.

Ward didnt do enough last night to warrant starting this game. He isn't getting any better and id be really disappointed if we didnt go and sign a winger. There are several out there that are better than Ward.

Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Derby County

His performance was arguably one of the reasons we struggled at Wednesday, in fairness. He was absolutely terrible, and then out of blue he scored a wonder goal.

Nevermind, Sheffield Wednesday are a poor side - no doubt, they will put the ball over the top at every given chance and will thrive on having 10 men behind the ball. A frustrating side.

I'd be disappointed with any other than a win. However, as Brighton found out, they can do a 'job' on possession dominant teams.

The stats show in this case Ambitious that Wednesday had more possession & passes than Brighton.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-stats/313769/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-sheffield-wednesday

The stats show in this case Ambitious that Wednesday had more possession & passes than Brighton.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-stats/313769/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-sheffield-wednesday

Wow, I'm stunned by that.

Last season, Brighton were AS dominant in possession as us over the course of the season. Saying that, losing Upson - who I guess was an integral figure behind their style - could have been the reason for such a vast change.

Wow, I'm stunned by that.

Last season, Brighton were AS dominant in possession as us over the course of the season. Saying that, losing Upson - who I guess was an integral figure behind their style - could have been the reason for such a vast change.

Nope, the reason is Hyypi

It will be a tough one.Even though I think we should get the three points,it will not be easy.Wednesday is coming off a win versus Brighton which means they will have some confidence.

I feel that they will park the bus for the most part and hope to get something on the counter.If we play our game we should easily get the three points.As mackworth said if we want an auto we cannot drop points to obviously poorer teams such as the Owls.

Tough game this one is gonna be.

But if we have aspirations to get automatic promotion then this is one of the games that you need to be winning. 

My line up would be

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Dawkins, Martin, Russell.

Ward didnt do enough last night to warrant starting this game. He isn't getting any better and id be really disappointed if we didnt go and sign a winger. There are several out there that are better than Ward.

Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Derby County

Agree with you, although I think we will win be just the one goal and keep our clean sheet record going. Always a tricky fixture, but looking through their first eleven, there isn't really anyone that would scare me against our defence. 

The stats show in this case Ambitious that Wednesday had more possession & passes than Brighton.

In fairness, Brighton were far poorer than last season, and it is obvious that they have a manager who wants to defend well and work from there. They did not pose anything like the threat they did in last years game.

Having said that, I was impressed by how Wednesday played - the vast majority of goal kicks, free kicks, etc. were played out from the back, which was a refreshing change.

It is virtually guaranteed that Jamie Ward will play well, just to annoy the wednesdayites as always...

Derby are a fantastic team, and I'd take a point this weekend.

There are no easy games in this league, yet there are no difficult games either.

We're favourites to win the game and if we play to our strengths then we will win, regardless of what Wednesday do.

Sorry to be ignorant as I have nothing against them, but Sheff Wed aren't a particularly good team and I think they will struggle to finish out of bottom eight this season.

By in large from the reports they were fortunate to win at Brighton and we've got a great record against them. We hammered them at the iPro last year and played terrible up there and still won.

I reckon we'll win quite comfortably. 2-0.

I don't know why people think they will play defensively; they are at home and in the last game they really came at us, luckily Bamford pulled a goal out of nowhere for a win we didn't really deserve. 

That said, their best player on the night, Antonio, has gone Gumping, but I'm still expecting a close game.

As Cumbria said, the last game we were in a sticky spell, hopefully Saturday we will play better. 

In fairness, Brighton were far poorer than last season, and it is obvious that they have a manager who wants to defend well and work from there. They did not pose anything like the threat they did in last years game.

Having said that, I was impressed by how Wednesday played - the vast majority of goal kicks, free kicks, etc. were played out from the back, which was a refreshing change.

It is virtually guaranteed that Jamie Ward will play well, just to annoy the wednesdayites as always...

Derby are a fantastic team, and I'd take a point this weekend.

I'd change back to direct football. We don't like it.

Archived