Should we really be second favourites?

sage

The bookies have us as second favourites, but is that realistic?

Are we really better than Norwich and Fulham?

Have we strengthened like Boro, Forest and Watford?

I think we should be top 6, but second favourites, i'm not so sure.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norwich and Fulham both have totally inexperienced managers for this level. If anything, I think they could struggle.

Why would it not be realistic?

- Our squad has barely changed since last year.

- We were the 3rd best team in the league (or 4th, given that QPR went up..) 

- A manager that shows he knows this level.

Paddy Power had us at 7/1 favourites, with Cardiff at 8/1. 

Plus the bookies opinions are weighted into the odds in the first instance.

I think most relegated Premier League teams are very high in the market but usually at least a couple flop miserably.

Racing Post tip Fulham for the title and seem to be dismissing Cardiff today quite strongly, though I think Brayford will help them as he seems to finally be getting a game.

That said Rangers beat Fulham 4-2 in pre season which is slightly surprising given they never had a shot on target against us.

I think Norwich ought to be solid but I'm confident we will be in the mix hence my

Actually we are now favourites overall. We are favourite or joint-favoutite in 20 out of 24 lists....as I predicted a few days back - we would be favourites - we have been tightening all week. Do we deserve to be? Probably yes at this stage. It will all change tho if Cardiff win tonight

The bookies have us as second favourites, but is that realistic?

Are we really better than Norwich and Fulham?

Have we strengthened like Boro, Forest and Watford?

I think we should be top 6, but second favourites, i'm not so sure.

You never really know what'll happen in this league, but you have to consider:

- We were the second best team in the league from the time that McClaren took over to the end

- We were playing great football and only seemingly getting better

- We stormed past Brighton in the playoffs and played very well at Wembley

- We have kept the core of the squad together and made some tidy signings

It's not surprising that we're rated. Big flashy signings make headlines, but keeping together a squad as impressive as this one were at times last season was something in and of itself. You never know what'll happen in this league, but do look a good prospect from the outside.

Look at the track records of teams coming down after relegation from the Premier League.  Added to that, we are entering this season with momentum behind us as the players want to finish what they started last year.

I believe we are rightly second favourites because we emerged last season as one of the best teams in the league and if we can continue the form of last season then automatic promotion is achieveable.

I think overall it is fair.How we have performed since SM came in,along with the hunger that the guys feel to not be dissapointed again holds us in good steed.Will it easy to get an auto or just get promoted via the playoffs? No.But I feel that our squad is easily one of the top ones,especially with the signings of Best and Omar to strengthen it.

I agree with the favourites tag. We are stable, have strengthened in areas that needed it, have a great management team and we were the best team in the league by the end of the season.

Our young players will be that little bit stronger and wiser and to be honest there isn't any of the 3 teams that have come down that scare me. Cardiff and Fulham have got dreadful managers and Norwich don't appear to have done much except sell a few of their better players. Forest also have a dreadful manager. Blackburn and Boro have a lot of catching up to do and that leaves maybe Wigan?

Before a ball is kicked, I have us as strong favourites but then, wtf do I know?

Ewe Rammmmmssssss

Archived