Should we really be second favourites?

sage

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a few weeks of play I think The Rams are on par with Cardiiff City as co-second favorites right behind Norwich. People earlier mentioned Fulham to be favored higher then Derby. At the rate they are playing they better hope they don't get relegated even lower. :)

After a few weeks of play I think The Rams are on par with Cardiiff City as co-second favorites right behind Norwich. People earlier mentioned Fulham to be favored higher then Derby. At the rate they are playing they better hope they don't get relegated even lower. :)

Agreed.Fulham situation looks pretty dire;they need some new players and perhaps a new manager also.Btw where in the States are you mate? I live in NC.

I live in Macomb Twp., Mich. It's about 45 miles north of Detroit. I'm about 12 miles from General Sports office in Rochester, MI. That's how I got interested in The Rams because I used to live 3 miles from their office. So to me The Rams felt like my local team. Where in NC do you live? I have friends in Raleigh. I'll be down the October 1st on business.

I live in Macomb Twp., Mich. It's about 45 miles north of Detroit. I'm about 12 miles from General Sports office in Rochester, MI. That's how I got interested in The Rams because I used to live 3 miles from their office. So to me The Rams felt like my local team. Where in NC do you live? I have friends in Raleigh. I'll be down the October 1st on business.

Great mate.I live in Winston-Salem.I became a Derby fan when I did a work exchange at their local library in Derby a little over five years ago now.

The championship is a 46-game season. The best teams after46 games will be near the top, not the best teams after four games.

We've got a good team, so I have no doubts whatsoever that we will finish on around 80 points if not more.

In 1995/6 we got 9 points from the first 8 games

In 2004/5 we got 13 points from the first 10 games

In 2006/7 we got 9 points from the first 8 games

Last season we got 12 points from the first 10 games

We've never had particularly strong starts in any of these seasons but we still ended up on 76+ points from each one. This season, even if we start slow, we'll come good.

How can you doubt us? We've got goals in us and as soon as we'll click we'll rack up three, four, five wins on the bounce and before you know it there will be a cushion between us and 7th spot for sure.

Let teams have their moment in the sun now. The likes of Charlton and Sheff Wednesday will be mince meat by the time they come to the Ipro for the reverse fixtures.

If today is the worst we play all season, we'd be up easily.

It's a long season, and we've already seen what the side is capable of. Give it time, have patience, things will start to click more often as time goes. Hopefully once this transfer window is done and the last lingering questions over who's going to be here is gone, we can settle down a bit more.

Noticed in Mac's post game talk both on beeb and dcfc that he was irked about the performance of "certain players"  ... wonder who they are? ideas?

Glad McClaren was "irked". Me too. We've had an incredibly easy opening list of fixtures and haven't capitalized. The teams that go up almost always start well and it's extremely difficult to catch them. Last season we were the only team that was able to break from the pack, but as we saw it still wasn't quite enough at the end.

It's all very well saying we'll come good at some point. I reckon we need a kick up the backside rather than an arm round the shoulder to get us there. Hopefully playing the gumps in a fortnight will finally focus their minds.

Hoping we wont be 8pts behind Forest after the meeting between us! Certainly them and Blackburn away plus Cardiff at home looks a tough set of games so was hoping for the win today to ease the pressure a bit. Then again plenty of time yet whatever happens I suppose.

Glad McClaren was "irked". Me too. We've had an incredibly easy opening list of fixtures and haven't capitalized. The teams that go up almost always start well and it's extremely difficult to catch them. Last season we were the only team that was able to break from the pack, but as we saw it still wasn't quite enough at the end.

It's all very well saying we'll come good at some point. I reckon we need a kick up the backside rather than an arm round the shoulder to get us there. Hopefully playing the gumps in a fortnight will finally focus their minds.

Reading got four points from their first five games the season they toppled Southampton and WHU to the title. Likewise, Sunderland lost their first four games of the season before winning the league.

Obviously a strong start helps, but a 46-game season is extremely long indeed and it only takes three or four wins on the bounce to see a side shoot up the table.

Archived