San Taylor: Rodgers denies deal done for Hughes to join Liverpool

Scott129

At whatever point we sell, we should make sure he has between 3 - 4 years of contract left. I think we last extended his contract about 9 months ago? Time to extend by a year before Jan IMO offering a bit more money to do so. He's clearly our best player but probably far from being the best paid. Length/value of contract affects the fee you can demand.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfer-news-rams-2845181?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Liverpool and Merseyside rivals Everton are keen on Hughes, and reports last week claimed the Rams had agreed to sell the player to Anfield

Will Hughes: Transfer target for Liverpool and Everton

Derby County bigwigs insist they have not agreed to sell Will Hughes to Liverpool in January, the Sunday People reports.

And club officials are confident that the new £7million stadium naming rights deal with sports drink company iPro could even help them hold on to their 18-year-old star beyond next summer.

Liverpool and Merseyside rivals Everton are keen on the England Under-21 midfielder, and reports last week claimed the Rams had agreed to sell the player to Anfield once the transfer window is open.

Derby, however, are adamant that is not the case, and the iPro deal means the chances of him going this season have now seriously decreased.

The club had been willing to listen to offers in the region of £15m, including a loan back for the rest of the season, in January. Hughes is one of the brightest emerging talents in English football and scored as the Young Lions thrashed San Marino 9-0 last Tuesday.

I like wot Brendan Rogers has said, tho I don't entirely believe it, the kid is a Liverpool fan tho I do believe him to be derby thru and thru, but money talks and football can unfortunately sometimes be a very short career.....agents play on this when dealing with there merchandise.........I'm just gonna enjoy this wonderful talent DERBY COUNTY has developed for as long as possible, I do believe he is going to be pivotal in us gaining or getting heartbreakingingly close to promotion this year, whatever happens I wish the lad all the best for hopefully many years too come and will always remember he's a ram!!!!

Wot tho thru gonna 

You began this post using a terrible Chav speak and then completed it using correct English? If you are attempting to appear uneducated and downright annoying then at least have the decency to see it through (thru). Nice use of the incorrect "there" though, it added authenticity.

To be fair

If you want people to take you seriously it's best to use correct English, using text speak gives a bad first impression. Absolutely nothing wrong with what Leon was saying but just could be presented better. And he was apparently pissed.

Don't be an arse about it though, Shilton.

to many english teachers on here sometimes. the points made were fine and perfectly understandable. i don't see why spelling and grammar denote intelligence to so many on here and the aggresive way in which posts are shot down is harsh to say the least. let people have their say. your clearly an intelligent chap shilts and perfectly able to understand his point so why take a pop? i thought we were here to argue opinions not slate people for SPAG!

anyway, will hughes! great goal for under 21s. great to have such a talent come through our ranks and can only make us better. i hear rumours the iPro deal might keep him here until at least june. imagine we went up, would we need to sell then?

And the prize for the most inaccurate Will Hughes story of the week goes to -   Liverpool hopes of signing Championship sensation starting to recede

Championship side Derby County have rubbished claims from the media that they have agreed to sell 18 year-old promising midfielder Will Hughes to Liverpool in January. The Mirror instead reports that Derby are confident of holding on to Hughes even beyond the summer as they are on the verge of signing a new sponsorship deal worth 7 million pounds a year.

Derby believe that the extra money will give them the leverage to offer Hughes a higher wage which could help them keep the England U-21 international.

The short statured central midfielder is widely regarded as one of the brightest young talents in England, and Liverpool along with arch rivals Everton are keeping tabs on the player.

It is believed, however, that Derby are willing to listen offers in the region of 15 million pounds for their prized asset but it remains to be seen if any of the Premier League big shots will test the club’s resolve with a substantial offer in the near future.

Hughes has already been capped 55 times in the Championship for Derby County and has made 6 appearances for the England U-21s. The youngster also scored his first goal for the England youth team in the 9-0 thrashing of San Marino recently.

http://astralfootball.com/liverpool-hopes-of-signing-championship-sensation-starting-to-recede/23702

That'll be the already signed sponsorship deal worth £7m a decade for the 6ft 1in Will Hughes who has never been capped for playing in the Championship - as such things don't exist!

to many english teachers on here sometimes. the points made were fine and perfectly understandable. i don't see why spelling and grammar denote intelligence to so many on here and the aggresive way in which posts are shot down is harsh to say the least. let people have their say. your clearly an intelligent chap shilts and perfectly able to understand his point so why take a pop? i thought we were here to argue opinions not slate people for SPAG!

anyway, will hughes! great goal for under 21s. great to have such a talent come through our ranks and can only make us better. i hear rumours the iPro deal might keep him here until at least june. imagine we went up, would we need to sell then?

People just being pedantic. 

Too*  aggressive*  you're*

I can't take you seriously man.  ;)

To be fair

If you want people to take you seriously it's best to use correct English, using text speak gives a bad first impression. Absolutely nothing wrong with what Leon was saying but just could be presented better. And he was apparently pissed.

Don't be an arse about it though, Shilton.

He's Peter Shilton  , he'll be an arse if he wants!

I just get sick and tired of "text Speak" or "Txt spk" if you want to be an abhorrent tw*t. It isn't cool, it isn't clever- it is borne of 1 of 2 things-

stupidity or laziness. Being drunk isn't an excuse- merely a confession of being stupid/ lazy in other forms of communication.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but if you can't be arsed to actually type a complete word to get your point across then frankly your point isn't worth consideration. 

Archived