Confirmed: Cyrus Christie has signed, undisclosed fee

Ross21

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just ask those saying he's going to be back up and free mean will leave. Who is he going to back up to? He's be the only Rab at the club.

I would be worried if he was our first choice RB, yes he's good but he's not as good as Wisdom, of course I don't know but I hope we are going to sign a like for like replacement for Wisdom, this would suggest he has been signed for the purpose of being a back up to a RB we haven't yet signed.

Physically, he's pretty much perfect. Strong, fast and very athletic. Looks like he needs a bit of developing in terms of defending but an exciting prospect. Wouldn't be overly concerned if he was our first choice RB either.

Seems like a good signing. I'd have thought he'd be first choice from what McClaren has said.

I would agree with you there Posh Ram but I still think we need another right back, can't see him been as good as Wisdom.

Good signing but i feel if he is first choice rb then our defence has been weakened from last season

Compared to Smith and Freeman at the start of last season, I'd say improved. If he doesn't grab the shirt, we could well upgrade.

Got to say I'm a bit underwhelmed with this. I was expecting something more than a free transfer from League One to fill the right back spot. Maybe the kid will turn out to be a gem, but I'd have thought a bit more proven quality was required in that position.

Archived