Confirmed: Cyrus Christie has signed, undisclosed fee

Ross21

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have Gamboa starting and him as cover.. Really happy with the way the teams coming together.. Really good depth, I think after gamboa and Thorne we should try and offload sammom, then get a decent cover on loan for Martin.. Maybe ibe? Or maybe more of a actually center forward.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion-will-cyrus-christie-cut-it-at-derby-county/

Cov fan here. Few opinions on christie from a sky blue perspective.

Fair assessment. I trust McClaren to get the best out of him. It seems like he made up his mind on leaving Coventry quite some time ago so maybe he wasn't as focused and driven in playing well for Coventry. His otherwise excellent form throughout his short career already shows this.

He impressed me when we played coventry at home.

I remember it well

He was RB with Keogh at centre half, martin crainie alongside him and that other bloke at left back.

Chris......H.....hussey!

They looked decent but Callum Ball scored??

I bet that 90% of the people questioning this signing have never seen him play and, if they did, they took no notice!

They are basing their prejudice on two things:

• He is a player from league one
  • Some numpties on Coventry message boards have slagged him off

Well lots of players who eventually made the top flight started in league one or lower and to write off a player without actually seeing him in action a few times is just plain daft, apart from being unfair.

Derby fans have done it before with Buxton, Forsyth and even Martin but they never learn. Trust in McClaren and his scouting team, not a bumch of inbreds.

Archived