Confirmed: Cyrus Christie has signed, undisclosed fee

Ross21

Got to say I'm a bit underwhelmed with this. I was expecting something more than a free transfer from League One to fill the right back spot. Maybe the kid will turn out to be a gem, but I'd have thought a bit more proven quality was required in that position.

That's it, judge the window in July.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone considered he might be given a period at the start of the year to prove himself before looking elsewhere? It's not as black and white as now we've got him in he'll be 1st choice RB, there's also the possibility he'll be an attacking RB and we'll get in another more defensive RB.

Great signing.

Got to say I'm a bit underwhelmed with this. I was expecting something more than a free transfer from League One to fill the right back spot. Maybe the kid will turn out to be a gem, but I'd have thought a bit more proven quality was required in that position.

I'm not surprised one bit.

Is he good or what?

Those Marlon King chanting Coventry fans from Northampton don't seem that arsed about him.

Is he better than Nicky Hunt?

Will he be worshipped like John Brayford?

I need to be ITK

People seem to forget where the bulk of our squad, who were so successful last season, came from. I don't remember us signing any big names for big fees before last season and it seemed to work out fairly well.

Sky Sports understands Derby County are poised to sign Coventrydefender Cyrus Christie on a free transfer. Christie's contract at Coventry expired earlier this summer and they will be due a compensation fee as the defender is under the age of 23.[/size]

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/[/size]

Good player.

What a pity we made such a cock up of going for our no1 target.

Archived