Official "Cry and bitch about Keogh" thread.

Tombo

He plays much better when he can rely on the right back being in position, he used to work so well with Andre Wisdom in support. Those two continually talked to each other, I liked Wisdom for that, always communicating. Keogh became a much better player with him in the team.

Suppose it's up to Christie now to take that on. Was the same with Bucko, who doesn't communicate all that much but relies heavily on the likes of Keogh and Eustace for assistance.

Defence just needs to reacquaint themselves with each other and they'll be alright. Arshavin was having some fun today, but I don't blame Keogh for that. He was just so exposed by the lack of cover. Christie has gotta rise to that challenge though.

Don't expect that Toure will get a contract.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was **** in preseason last year but made up for it during the season. I am not worried I think he just needs game time.

Why are we all bitching about him when clearly he had a good season last year, it's all about sharpness and getting game time. He will be fine and if not we have Whitbread, OB and Barker as back up. I really don't see an issue.

He also has a new RB playing next to him and needs to get use to playing with the new RB. Don't worry MAC will sort it

I wonder how the last three or four weeks on this forum would have panned out if the play-off final was identical except if Thorne passed it to Zamora instead of Keogh?

Would we (as fans) have been as desperate to get him back (personally I would)

Would there have been the Epicness of the Game of Thornes thread?

Would so many fans be getting on Keoghs back?

What do we think people?

I wonder how the last three or four weeks on this forum would have panned out if the play-off final was identical except if Thorne passed it to Zamora instead of Keogh?

Would we (as fans) have been as desperate to get him back (personally I would)

Would there have been the Epicness of the Game of Thornes thread?

Would so many fans be getting on Keoghs back?

What do we think people?

Bit of a pointless thing to say when Thorne didn't do it. No point in if's because any scenario on earth can be adjusted.

I think the thread would have still happened and there would have still been clamour for Thorne to sign. We'd have probably got him cheaper too.

I think it's because Keogh doesn't exactly fill us with confidence when watching him that this is happening.. He's usually solid for my money, but he doesn't half put us through some panic when on the ball. He got unlucky for this to have fell on him.

The game yesterday was the first pre-season game I've seen with our full strength team. I'm sorry to say this but Keogh looked completely devoid of confidence. This is a serious problem. I still believe he can be as great as he was last season and of course should remain our captain but he might need a sports psychologist or some refresher defensive coaching.

Bit of a pointless thing to say when Thorne didn't do it. No point in if's because any scenario on earth can be adjusted.

It's about as pointless as imagining what would have happened in ET if Keogh had put his foot through it yet people still talk about if we'd have won it in normal time or who would have won on penalties...

Just trying to stimulate further conversation, feel free to sit out if you find it pointless, I won't be offended :)

I personally like Richard Keoghs commitment and last season he did remarkably well. It's true he is prone to occasionally getting caught in possession or clumsily giving the ball to the opposition but, last season, for me the pro's far outweighed the cons.

Although I have not seen much of him during the internationals at the back end of last season, or so far this pre-season, there is no doubt it seems he has not excelled. He seems to be either trying too hard or something is just not clicking for him. I have faith he will come good because for a fact we need both him & Bucko to be confident enough to be able to carry the ball out from the back when midfield are marked up and be at the top of their game. It is absolutely essential for our style.

His partnership with Cyrus Christie is also vital. Wisdom's positional sense and solidity I think gave Keogh a lot of confidence. Not saying Christie can't fill Wisdoms shoes but defensively he really does need to for us to be as confident and solid as we were last season.

I repeat again, i rate Keogh as a player and as a first teamer. But how can a man who isn't confident in himself lead a whole team of players?

I agree,

I hope after he gets a few Championship games, with the crowd on his side, under his belt, he will regain his confidence and form.

However I can understand why, if he doesn't regain his form, the management team might give the high pressure role of team captain to someone else.

Listening to Paul Simpson I'm sure he said something along the lines of he don't mind seeing mistakes made during pre-season which is a good sign. Shows there aware of the problem and can work on them.

I rather them be in pre season then when the season starts!

Archived