Right back, winger, striker to go?

rammieib

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a striker for me.. Be happy to see Christie given a go, see how he does. Don't think we need a winger tbh we've got Coutts Russell Ward and Dawkins! Would like to see Bamford back if its possible.

This.

We've got Russell, Ward, Dawkins and Bennett/Calero for the winger spots. All good players with massive potential.

As for Christie, we can see how he does for the first few games. If he struggles, bring someone in on loan. I personally don't think he will though - I have a really good feeling about him.

But, yeah, striker's a must. We need someone in the exact same mold as Martin. Our gameplan falls to **** when the big man's not playing.

For me, we will be ok if we can off load Sammon and either sign permanent replacement there and/or get 2 to 3 good loans.

Sounds good.

Flog Sammon and replace him. If Martin gets injured or whatever then much of our hard work will be undone. We'll have a quality midfield trying to get on the end of their own passes

Sammon

Both Naylors

So we get rid of a player who can play LB and CDM and is well aware he will spend the entirety of the season on the bench barring injuries/suspensions... and our only back up out and out striker. 

Nah you're right because football is all about the first XI - no need for a squad. 

Sammon, Tom Naylor, O'Brien

2 of those 3 would have to be replaced so how on earth is that balancing the books?!

some derby fans are still very much in silly season!

We've got Freeman and Christie, that's two RB's. Freeman isn't going anywhere, Sheff Utd were the only lot interested and they've given up now.

We could do with another winger and a striker, and that's about it. I know they are looking at CB's but I don't personally think that's entirely necessary.

I'd be fine if we didn't get another winger in, happy if we did. I'd expect them to be on a free or a loan. The back-up striker is a bit obvious, especially if Sammon goes, but yet again I think it'll be a loan.

One person who I think we should definitely get in is Omeruo from Chelsea, who's in the mould of Wisdom; can play RB or CB. If there's some games where we perhaps need a more defensive RB than Christie's attacking style then we can chuck him in (Probably some away games) but he could effectively cover CB too. Could allow OB to go out on loan too, he could do with 1st team action in League One/Lower Champ.

Archived