Right back, winger, striker to go?

rammieib

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people not giving Christie a chance ? ridiculous.

Remember Brayford came from lower leagues and look how good he was. Not to mention Jake Buxton.

Give him a chance im sure he will surprise a lot of the doubters  

That would be fair.

So it leaves me and many others out.

I can't see that we need a striker or a centre back to be honest.

Chris Martin is a sure fire starter and the only reason to bring in a striker is if he gets injured. At that point you bring in a loan.

Whilst we have Sammon, he is our alternative. If we can offload him and bring in a player that would be a decent alternative to Martin, then great.

We also have Keogh, Buxton, Whitbread and O'Brien at centre back. Once again, any injury would be facilitated by a loan.

We do seem to like 4 wingers in our game, so wouldn't be surprised to bring in a winger on a season long loan.

Otherwise, I reckon it's replace if we get rid. Christie will be our starting right back and we'll only bring in another should Freeman move on. (Which he should - he's not good enough, I'm afraid)

We also have Keogh, Buxton, Whitbread and O'Brien at centre back. Once again, any injury would be facilitated by a loan.

I appreciate your 'no panic' approach but we have a first team that's not dissimilar to the one which failed to gain promotion last year. We scored a lot of goals and played some great attacking football. However, we also looked vulnerable against teams who put sustained pressure on us. Some of that was down to a degree of disorganisation. I would still like to see a CB who can head and kick a ball away all afternoon against a strong centre forward and direct the others to do likewise. Buxton is a strong guy but struggles against a tall forward. Keogh is a great interceptor of a ball but struggles physically and often gets pushed off the ball.

I haven't seen enough of Whitbread to form a lasting opinion but I don't think O'Brien is the answer. He's at Div 1 level at present and hopefully will improve when fit.

We need a Wes Morgan type player to get us up.

Archived