Victims of our own success?

sage

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess with all the improved contacts to key players its making less funds available due to ftp, although having come so close maybe we should push it for one season and hopefully it will see us over the line. Then premier league money saves the day like with qpr

Bit difficult to say. a) we don't know our budget within FFP, despite what some say they've worked out and b) the transfer window has months to go yet.

Do you think there could be a scenario "c" whereby we say stuff FFP a la QPR and go for it **** or bust?

Maybe not to QPR's extent, but you get the idea.

I will stand corrected by Ramblur or someone else with a better understanding, but my simplistic understanding of FFP is that its just about balancing the books over the years... I say years because again my understanding is fee for a player is taken over the length of his contract, so for eg, we buy a player for 2M with a 4 year contract, that's worked as half a mil per year.... plus wages etc

So as long as our various sponsors etc cough up sufficiently and the gates are up, and TV fees etc add up, its Finacially Fair Play...

Im sure SR is prudent and knows what he's doing....

Archived