Something specials happening at this club

DerbyPride12

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit I've been scepticle since Wembley, I just didn't want to do what Watford did, but over the past week and a half that optimism and buzz we all had at the end of last season is coming back. as promised the team has been kept together and from what we're hearing things are looking positive for a few new additions! Signing Bryson to a new contract when he could of so easily gone to the prem is a major statement of intent! Very much looking forward to the new season

There's only one Michael Jackson.

Well I get your point and I agree that when the name Michael Jackson appears people should think the great man who has done so much for beer and whisky enthusiasts all over the world. How ever there was also this paleface singer who almost dropped some baby from the hotel balcony.

It's great the club is laying down a marker by looking to keep the nucleus of the side. Last season showed that with a few clever loan acquisitions from Prem teams for players hungry to prove themselves, we could be onto something really good.

It will be important to retain a sense of balance and perspective but I would back Steve and the coaching team to be able to use the positive energy and the expectation to push the team forwards. A good start is an absolute must for me because we need to remove a post-play-off hangover beyond any doubt.

We're looking up, that's a pleasant feeling, I was hopeful last season but this season more so...

If we could get 2 decent defenders in, a right back and central defender then I would be very happy.

The signing of Whitbread pretty much confirmed we won't be signing a centre back. So don't get your hopes up.

Imagine if Keogh or Buxton got bad injury we would be struggling, don't rate Whitbread and he is to injury prone for my liking.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I'd replace Buxton given half a chance at a decent signing. But it's just not going to happen.

I hate to burst everyones bubble but we haven't signed any stand out players as yet, only fringe players. We still have the same defence that struggled to defend against the counter and I'm sure we can all agree teams will be intelligent to our attacking nature now so they will focus on all out defence wih the hope of catching us on the counter. I agree I think we're in for an exciting season, however, I can't help but worry about our pace at the back, and our ability to stop the onslaught of fast paced counter attacks. We need to improve our defence before we can even think about automatic promotion.

Imagine if Keogh or Buxton got bad injury we would be struggling, don't rate Whitbread and he is to injury prone for my liking.

First, if he's only back up for an injured Buxton or Keogh, then he's not likely to get injured while he's on the bench. He did a lovely job keeping the bench warm last season.

Second, we've got OB and Barker coming back this season. That's like two new signings right there. Okay, they won't be match fit straight away, but looks like OB at least will get a full pre season.

Our defence was one if the best in the league, our downfall was in not finishing a lot of the chances we created. The game should have been dead and buried against QPR. Seems odd to say that, given we had the best attack in the league too.

If we let in a few on the counter, it's because we attack from the back and our defence get forward. Close up at the back and we sacrifice our attacking threat.

My only real worry is what happens when teams park the bus. But I don't doubt well still carve out opportunities, we did last season. We just need to be more clinical in the final ball or final strike.

And, as a spectacle, isn't it better to be aiming for even more goals, than aiming to let in less and score less?

I'm sure we're not telling Steve anything he doesn't already know. I'm sure he's got it sorted.

I hate to burst everyones bubble but we haven't signed any stand out players as yet, only fringe players. We still have the same defence that struggled to defend against the counter and I'm sure we can all agree teams will be intelligent to our attacking nature now so they will focus on all out defence wih the hope of catching us on the counter. I agree I think we're in for an exciting season, however, I can't help but worry about our pace at the back, and our ability to stop the onslaught of fast paced counter attacks. We need to improve our defence before we can even think about automatic promotion.

I am afraid I agree , currently the team is weaker than the end of last season , we need a decent RB, DMF and cover for Chris Martin as Sammon is joke in that position all these signings need to be as good as Wisdom,Throne and Chris Martin to move the first team forward , and then look at decent CD and Winger to really push on . IMO OB isn,t good enough and Barker won,t play again.

I am afraid I agree , currently the team is weaker than the end of last season , we need a decent RB, DMF and cover for Chris Martin as Sammon is joke in that position all these signings need to be as good as Wisdom,Throne and Chris Martin to move the first team forward , and then look at decent CD and Winger to really push on . IMO OB isn,t good enough and Barker won,t play again.

I'm quite glad it's only Steve's opinion that really matters then.

Archived