Something specials happening at this club

DerbyPride12

I'm quite glad it's only Steve's opinion that really matters then.

Don,t have an opinion then F#ck Wit , I,ll keep having mine thx

Forum "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to burst everyones bubble but we haven't signed any stand out players as yet, only fringe players. We still have the same defence that struggled to defend against the counter and I'm sure we can all agree teams will be intelligent to our attacking nature now so they will focus on all out defence wih the hope of catching us on the counter. I agree I think we're in for an exciting season, however, I can't help but worry about our pace at the back, and our ability to stop the onslaught of fast paced counter attacks. We need to improve our defence before we can even think about automatic promotion.

You've not burst anyone's bubble - we love comedy on here.

Don,t have an opinion then F#ck Wit , I,ll keep having mine thx

Forum "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged"

And all opinions are welcome as long as they're well informed, and based on some sort if sound argument.

Our attractive attacking play starts in defense. Our defense is key to this play. And Keogh is very good at starting attacks from the back.

After we drew 3-3 to Birmingham, letting in late goals because we did shut up shop, we tried to play the next couple of games more defensively, resulting in, I think, a 1-0 loss, and a 0-0 draw to reading. So egging like that.

We decided to go back to our more attractive style. We beat forest 5-0.

This is all backed up by stuff that Simmo was saying at the time.

We go 1 point and shipped 1 goal by being defensive, and 4 points and shipped 3 goals, but scored 8 goals by being attacking. And every player in the team is involved in that attacking play, not least the defense.

I'd much rather let a few goals in, and score a ton, than score none and let a few less in.

Our defense is not the problem (except the obvious hole at right back), it was one of the best defenses in the league, and helped us to create hundreds of chances. Our problem was that we only converted a relatively small proportion of those chances.

Interetingly our goals per chance ratio was one of the best under Clough. So we've got it in us. But if we could just be a bit more clinical in front of goals, we would have scored easily more than 100 goals last season, and that alone would have got us to second, or at least would have lead us to smashing QPR.

The odd shipped goal doesn't make a difference if you're scoring 3 or 4 a match.

The point of my earlier post is that Steve gets this, but the honourable gentleman who saw fit to call me a F*ckwit apparently doesn't.

glad to see that we have managed to keep bryson which in itself is good, but also says a lot more indirectly about ambition behind the scenes. 

have to agree with some of the more cautious posts though. still not back to the strength of last year (lets hope we get thorne etc) also some players (martin) performed way ahead of what their past performances suggests. will it be a blip? has CM been transformed? i think the squad needs 2-3 quality signings (inc thorne) to even think about automatic. 

Archived