Craig Bryson Signs New 5-Year Deal at Derby County

Lord_Ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news. I'm always a bit cynical about modern players but I think it says a lot about Bryson that he has turned down the opportunity of Premier League football to stay with us, whatever the money on offer. It would have been easy for him to walk away but it shows that there is something happening here at Derby that is worth committing to, and that maybe it isn't always about the riches and the supposed glamour of the top flight.

Now lets sign Thorne and a couple of others and take the Championship apart next season!

Did he turn them down? I was under the impression he wasn't for sale. You're staying at Derby but would you like a pay rise? Yes please

I don't think we'll ever know. If the 750k clause was real, then yes, he did. If not, he may have rejected "terms", but the club who offered them to him would have to match our valuation

I don't think we'll ever know. If the 750k clause was real, then yes, he did. If not, he may have rejected "terms", but the club who offered them to him would have to match our valuation

Also I've not seen anything to say we matched Burnley's offer, everyone is assuming he's now on Premier League money

To think, I nearly posted the other day that Jake Buxton was looking to leave due to a crap contract offer.

Information I gained from a fellow pro who knows him well from Mansfield days.

Would have looked a reet tit next morning!!!

Going to sack my source first thing in the morning!

Listening to Buckos interview the other day I would say he was pretty close to leaving to be honest. He said it has taken a long time to get it sorted and when pushed about wanting to stay at derby he said that he really wanted to stay local... I reckon we were quite close to losing him.

But thankfully the magic man signed on again..

Also I've not seen anything to say we matched Burnley's offer, everyone is assuming he's now on Premier League money

It's not exactly premier league money, is it.

We've matched Burnley's Premier League money, which is basically still less than 6/7 teams in this division  :lol:

To think, I nearly posted the other day that Jake Buxton was looking to leave due to a crap contract offer.

Information I gained from a fellow pro who knows him well from Mansfield days.

Would have looked a reet tit next morning!!!

Going to sack my source first thing in the morning!

Was told the same thing mate. Derby were pretty happy just to keep him until the end of his current deal.

Archived